Wednesday, October 24, 2018

X-Ray Vision!

I finally found the copy of Woody's latest leg x-ray and thought that it might be of interest.  This is his right leg...I think both taken from the same viewpoint...just one of them shows down to his ankle.  He has something much the same in the upper bone in his left arm.  Can you believe the length and number of screws!?!  It shows the length of the plate in his leg also...I guess from the top screw to the bottom screw! And the grayish mass that the screws go through is bone cement!

I had a usual day of school with five marching through.  Elijah chose to do Osmo for his long time today.  He played Pizza Co. for part of the time.  It is a facsimile of a pizza restaurant with customers coming in and asking for various toppings.  Elijah puts the pizza toppings onto a disc and then "slides" them into the oven and the customers give him points on whether he made it the way they like it.  At a point he has to "go into" the eating area and let the customers pay him and he has to make the proper change for them.  He did that for a while and then experimented with the Hot Wheels car race that is also part of the Osmo system.  Today he raced himself with the two cars and experimented in how all the tokens work that help or hinder winning the race.  He had fun and learned along the way.

I ate a quick lunch and then went to work in the library.  Donna and I did some maintenance.  She entered a DVD and I entered a new patron.  We both tried to solve another library mystery...but didn't get very far with figuring it out.  When it warmed up a bit, Woody went outside and did a little work in the garden weeding and mulching...the first time that he has been out in a while...either the weather hasn't been conducive to him going out or his leg was hurting badly enough that he didn't feel like going out.  After, I got home from the library, Woody and I went to vote.  That was a quick and easy process...not a long line or long ballot this time so we were in and out very quickly...now if it rains or something else happens on the actual voting day, we have voted.

After voting, I worked some more on getting several Christmas projects ready for Saturday's sewing day.  I probably have about enough to keep me busy for that day, but the more I get ready, the more I will have ready to work on even at home after Saturday...getting a good start on Christmas...though probably not early enough this year.  Woody has played Scrabble some this afternoon and also has been reading and watching TV...probably what he will be doing this evening...though, I did hear dishes moving around downstairs so perhaps he has washed a few that didn't get put into the dishwasher.  The kitty was in here trying to help me type.  She is anxiously awaiting Esther's arrival back from church so she can have her last meal of the day.  Woody and I are trying not to feed her since she will probably love the person who feeds her the most!  I figure that she is somewhat bonding with us since she is spending time in the house with us, but I don't want her to forget her real owner!  Georgia's wounds are looking better...that was one mean cat who picked a fight with her!  Georgia has finished her medicine.  Now to watch and make sure that her wounds continue to heal and not get worse again.  Definitely they are looking better every day at this point, but there is still quite a bit of healing that needs to happen before she is reentered into the outside world!

When I was at the church today, I decided to check to see if my food containers were still there from the food that I took yesterday.  They weren't ones that had to be sent home, but someone told me that they would be there if I wanted to pick them up.  And, what did I find, but both containers with almost as much in them as I delivered!  Either the crowd wasn't all that big or they weren't in the mood for rice and veggies!  Anyway, I picked up both containers along with the rice concoction.  I gave the biggest container to Kathy for their family and I brought the smaller container home for me.  I ate some with a cube steak tonight...Woody had chicken noodle soup!  I thought that the rice tasted quite good...so hopefully it wasn't left because no one liked it!  At least it isn't sitting in the church refrigerator going bad! And, bringing it home...means my time, effort, and ingredients won't go totally to waste and Kathy was glad to get some as they are down to few, if any, meals in their freezer, as it is time, once again, for them to do "once-a-month cooking."  I think that that huge cooking effort may be happening next door tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment