Saturday, October 6, 2018

Scattered Saturday

We've both done a little of this and a little of that today.  I'm not sure what I have accomplished...but a little, I guess!  Woody made his usual trip to the library this morning and on the way home stopped and picked up a prescription for me.  He made a triple batch of his apple zucchini bread.  I got up with plans to sew and I did start out doing that.  I finished cutting out Esther's blouse last night so I was ready to sew this morning.  I sewed French seams in the side seams of the peplum for the blouse.  I then folded in a lot of pleats and basted across them...and that is where I stopped with my sewing...but it was a start!

Melany called and said that they are going to stop by tomorrow afternoon for a visit and bring us our new dishes.  Melany will get to pick up her color bean bags and drawstring bag for her kindergarten art classes. They are going to bring Wade's mother for a visit. I figure that Erin will come along, too.  The last time that she visited at our house was at the time of Melany and Wade's wedding...many years ago...27 to be exact!  I picked up all the K'nex mess in the living room...put it on the far side of the living room once again...where it has resided almost all the time since Graham became so enamored with K'nex.  I vacuumed the living room, dining room and kitchen and Woody vacuumed the family room. I also mopped the kitchen floor...it needed to be done...but it ended up having to be done after Woody dropped the olive oil bottle on the floor and the top popped off!  So we have relatively clean floors downstairs.  Isaac vacuumed the stairs yesterday...so even the floors leading to the upstairs are vacuumed.  I will do some quick dusting and a little more straightening in the kitchen and clean the downstairs bathroom and then I think that the house will be half-way presentable!  In between cleaning jobs, I did a bit of napping!  My stamina just isn't what it used to be! Surely it isn't my age!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment