Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Opening a Can of Worms?

I guess I should have gone looking for a picture of a worm for tonight's blog...well, this handsome fellow did start out as a caterpillar...so sort of a worm!  My can of worms is that I am thinking about changing my Medicare Part D Prescription plan.  I found out that my current one will no longer have a contract with our local pharmacy.  I have been trying to figure out what I can change to and use our pharmacy.  I feel loyalty to this pharmacy after using it for almost 50 years!  I have found a plan that looks like it will work and I have someone (not from this plan but someone who helped us with my Medicare suppliment) calling me tomorrow to perhaps help me figure out if I should change or not!  What a headache!

Woody walked four miles the last two mornings.  Still walking early because the temperatures are rising up to summer-like temperatures as the day goes on.  He drove to the local farmer's market and got corn and zucchini.  This will be the last day for him to get corn.  He will miss the fresh corn as one of his "okay" foods. We will switch to frozen that doesn't have any salt added (hopefully). Lately we have added Cream of Wheat to the breakfast menu...a memory for me of childhood days.  It is better for his diet than oatmeal since oatmeal is a whole grain.  I'm going to look to see if quick oats are better than old fashioned.  This diet is such a pain!  Tonight I cooked some more eggplant that was given to us by friends fresh from their garden. Hard to come up with a variety of foods/meals with this diet.

Woody continued his work in the garden...mulching and weeding...a long tedious job!  The part he has done does look good...so it isn't totally a thankless job!

We had a usual Wednesday school schedule this morning.  Joseph is getting really close to "hearing" the three-letter phonetic words that we make each morning.  He gets the sounds out super quick now and is really getting the hang of it.  Too bad that there are "p's," "b's," and "d's!"  Reading would be so much easier if one didn't have to distinguish between letters that look so much alike!  He's doing a great job of blending the sounds together and hears most of them when he is sounding them out back to me.  He has really matured this year, as far as school goes.  He finally enjoys coming over and we have a great time together and his time flies by...even to him!  Isaac is almost finished with another Dick and Jane reading book.  He should finish it tomorrow.  Then there is one more for him to read.  We have these Dick and Jane readers in our church library.  Friends gave them in honor of our grandchildren and our grandchildren have definitely benefited from them!  Elijah did finish a book today and started another one.  He also had his long time.  He is still figuring out about gears using the K'nex.  Today he started a build that he didn't complete as it was a bit more detailed than some.  He is finding out how a car window goes up and down...this is a crank version of a car window, but I would assume that the mechanisms for moving them up and down would still be the same withing the door frame.  When the gears all meshed, Elijah was pretty pleased.  Now to add the finishing touches to it the next time...or when he just comes over after his school is finished for the day.

After lunch, I headed to the library at church.  Donna and I did maintenance and then worked for a while on another book order.  I came home rested for a while and then went down and cooked the eggplant as part of our supper.

Woody is downstairs watching television and I am going to go in and read for a while.  I'm going to put away the Medicare stuff for tonight...enough is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment