Saturday, October 20, 2018

Saturday Doings



















I was looking through pictures tonight and decided that I would show Esther's blouse that I finally finished last weekend.  It really looks cute on her.

Today's sewing project: get going on some Christmas sewing and I finished my first gift for this year.  I'm afraid that I am a bit behind this year, but at least I have gotten started.  I realized today that next Saturday is the all-day sewing/quilting event that I participate in each year and that I need to get something underway to work on that day.  I can work on some of the gifts that I am planning to make, but I will need to do some preparation before Saturday so I need to get going in doing that.

Woody did go to the library today.  And, a while ago went to a Deacon meeting at church to meet a new possible minister of music for First Baptist.  Mid afternoon I ran an errand...other than the library, church, and an errand, we have both stayed pretty close to home.  Woody is still trying to take it easy on his leg.  I am hoping that the antibiotic is working and that his leg will start to not hurt so much.  I think that he is moving a bit easier today than he has been.

The cat seems to be feeling better, though her wounds still aren't healed...they have to heal from the inside out and that takes a while.  But she seems to be feeling pretty good if the way she can take off and run around the house is any indication.  Elijah and Nathan built her a scratching post today...she is inclined to try to use out furniture as a scratching post and we definitely are discouraging that!  I'm not sure that she has figured out what the scratching post is for, but hopefully she will figure it out quickly!  She needs to come into the main part of the house part of the time...it is just too confining on the small sun porch...but if she can't keep her claws where they belong...she will be only staying in the sun porch!  We want her to settle down and get used to being around us again.  We are afraid that she will bolt the moment that she regains her outdoor freedom once she is healed.

It is definitely beginning to feel like Fall outside these days.  We have actually had the heat on already this year...at Woody's request!  Woody is usually the last holdout for wanting the heat on...the reason that I am glad that we have two units..."his and hers!"  "His unit" heats and cools the downstairs where he spends most of his time and "my unit" heats the upstairs where I spend a good portion of my time.  Usually works out well.  Note that I say "usually!"  But the shock this year was that "his unit" was turned on for heat before "my unit"...a rarity!

No comments:

Post a Comment