Monday, October 8, 2018

Old Meets New!

This morning I introduced my tea pot (a wedding present so almost 50 years old) to my new tea cup and saucer!  I packed away all the new dishes except for this one tea cup and saucer.  I figured that I had several extra of them so I could use them and if I happened to break one or both prior to starting to use the new set of dishes that at least I would still have a complete set.  I enjoyed sipping my morning tea from my new tea cup!  We had a nice afternoon visit with Melany, Wade, Erin, and Wade's mom.  Melany was pleased to get her bag and bean bags with the color words on them to use with her kindergarten class.  I really like our new dishes.  They are a bit paler than the picture that I bought them from...but will work perfectly even if I want to use them at the same time as our gold dishes from our wedding registry.  The only problem with the gold ones is that they aren't microwavable. The gold flowers on the plates that have flowers on them is the exact same color as the teapot.  So I figure that I will be able to use them together to change up our place settings a bit.  Now to work on getting the kitchen redone so I can use them.

I did get the phone call from my insurance man today.  He thinks that he has found a plan that will work with our drugstore.  He's going to come and help me get signed up sometime after the 15th of the month...when Medicare plans can be changed.  We still don't have a phone.  I spent over an hour yesterday trying to make sure that our land line was registered as having a problem, but just got caught in what I will call a "loop of bureaucracy!"

Woody has spent time our in the garden weeding and mulching today.  Supposedly our temperatures are supposed to be going down to be more fall-like.  I think I am ready...though, then I remember that this season change from hat to cooler temperatures can not be the easiest on my Transverse Myelitis...at times I "sort of" forget about it...but then certain things will make it rear its head once again.  We'll see how this seasonal change does this year.  As much as I don't like to be hot...hot is better for me than cold.  The other day when I fell at the ball park, I ended up with no bruising...just a bit of a skinned elbow...but I did have some of the old feelings from my Transverse Myelitis...leg feeling extra hot and a bit more tingling in my arms than usual.  I have a feeling that I jarred my spinal column when I fell.  But "things" are back to pretty much normal now...my right hand always feels tingly like it is asleep...though most of the time I can ignore it and hardly realize the feeling unless I think about it, as I have gotten so used to it feeling that way!

Woody just returned a little while ago from the Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  Not as many there this evening since it is Fall Break for our city schools (and our home school).  Before Woody left for the prayer meeting, I managed to get a new soup concoction made.  I guess I'll call it Barley Vegetable Soup.  It ended up being pretty good, though I will never be able to replicate it again since I just dumped a little of this and a little of that in till I was satisfied with the taste.  All the ingredients were ones that are okay for Woody and he seemed to like it.

I have sewn some today.  Esther's blouse is taking shape.  I guess I will go back and work on it a little more this evening. Woody is reading and has the TV going...his best effort at multitasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment