Monday, December 27, 2021

After Christmas Calm

I always enjoy the calm that comes after Christmas...its almost like I am in a bubble during that week after Christmas. We had a nice Christmas weekend...and, of course, we are extending our Christmas as we will celebrate at Melany and Wade's with Nathan and Kathy and family on Saturday. Not a lot to do for that...a few gifts still to wrap...I made ornaments on Christmas Day and have one more cross stitch ornament that I have to make into an ornament...it is stitched...just have to get motivated! On Christmas Day I decided to start a new sampler...so I have worked on that in some of my down time. I will move back to the other sampler that is almost finished...but it is always fun to start a new needlework project...so doing such was like a present to myself on Christmas! I have stitched one line of an alphabet on the new one. It is a small sampler...the one I had planned to start after I finished my Town Square Sampler. Woody is getting used to a new laptop that he got for Christmas...today he managed to get it to turn on without help! I hope that he enjoys having a laptop close at hand again. He has been having to depend on my iPad since he isnt going upstairs these days...where our laptop is. That laptop is connected to too many things to make it portable...plus it is quite old...I need it to keep going on its antiquated operating system as it can talk to my sewing machine and the sewing machine can't talk with newer operating systems...so I hope that it can crip along for a while longer! I guess it is time to get Woody's dialysis treatment set up. He did go to Prayer Meeting tonight...one other came to it...the dedicated ones who even come during Christmas week! Yesterday was strange as we stayed home as our church didnt have Sunday School so we stayed home and attended our service online...something that we have been doing for more than a year (really going on two years). Woody found out tonight that Melany and Nathan's friend who has Covid had been in the hospital, but is home now. I guess the question is when can we stop...being safe, well, and cautious due to Covid. My sister went to the doctor today and while the doctor was with her, he received a call that his son had Covid and told my sister that he had been with him this past week. It isn't over yet! So continue to: Be safe! Be well! Be cautious...as we go into 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment