Monday, December 6, 2021

Our Day Started Out a "Bit Windy," You Might Say!

Tonight's photo shows what happened to the WalMart sign. This is the only damage that I have seen, but there is a lot more throughout the area. I just heard on Huntsville news that there was a confirmed EF1 tornado in Moore County...which we are very close to Moore County. Several of our friends who live in the particular path that this one took were, as of a couple hours ago still without electricity. Their main damage was with branches down. One friend had the top of a tree fall...that tree had been hit by lightning in another storm this year. I did see a picture of a house that had significant roof damage. Some barn-type storage buildings got tossed about in a parking lot...again, I just saw pictures, but I think maybe it was Lowe's parking lot. Anyway, we had "just" a bit of wind in our area this morning! We just have a few branches down. We just had some hard rain and it got really dark for a while...but then it was early morning. I think that the tornado touched down around 7:45am. Motlow Community College, our local community college did cancel classes today...their main campus is in Moore County. They had to reschedule today's finals for Friday. The power was out atthe Baptist Collegiate Ministry building, but did come back on while Nathan was there, but then they headed home since there would be no students there today. Once the storms passed through, we had a very pleasant day. As soon as there was no chance of lightning, I got my sewing machine up and running...while names stitched for my friend's stockings, I got some preparation done for finishing my next ornament. All the names are stitched out. The last one is soaking in the sink to wash out all the wash-away stabilizer. I will blot it fairly dry and then iron it dry the rest of the way, then trim it and that job will be done...then it will be back to stitching and finishing ornaments and getting two packages off in the mail. I think that all the things that I ordered on Saturday have already been shipped...some arriving on Wednesday, some Frday, some Saturday, and the rest next week. They divided the order up into five shipments. It was good to hear that they have all been shipped. Midafternoon, I headed off to run errands...managed to get them all done in an hour and was home before it got dark...these days dark comes between 4:30 and 5:00...too early! We did get sad news this afternoon, our friend who had Covid did pass away. I just set up Woody's dialysis treatment for tonight. He is at Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting right now. I am typing this at the dining room table watching for him so I can go out and retrieve him! The temperatures are definitely much cooker than they were the last few days...that cold front coming through did more than just produce a tornado! Tomorrow night is when we have to get Woody's dialysis started super early if we are to be able to leave the house by 5:30am! Last night's treatment took 11 hours...longest that it has taken that I can remember. So it is nigh on to impossible to predict how long tomorrow night's will take! We had a nice drive-by treat...Isaac came to the door with samples of Christmas goodies they had made. We have tried a couple of varieties. I messaged them that they were "Good Cooks!" Last night our church puton a Christmas Cantata with adult choir and children's choirs. I watched it from here on my iPad. Kathy and Isaac and Joseph were in it. Kathy is the children's choir director. I think we may havea very talented grandson...maybe a vantriloquist in the making? He stood there very straight and tall andI never saw his lips move any time that I was looking at him!! That would have been Joseph...our more reticent of the grandchildren...a bit shy and quiet...but he stood there through the whole program and it wasn't a short program! Isaac was almost out of my view, but when I could see him...his mouth was, I assume, singing...at least moving! It was a very nice program...put everyone in the mood for Christmas songs. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment