Thursday, December 30, 2021

The Year is Drawing to a Close

Joy gave me what's in tonight's photo...bet I won't forget who gave it to me!!! I guess she sort of turned the table on me as I usually give her an ornament with "Joy" on it. I give Esther ornaments with "Noel" on them as her name is Esther-Noel. I have told them that any ornaments or decorations that I have with their names on them, they can eventually have. Today I have stayed busy most of the day. One of the first things that I did was head to Kroger to pick up our order that I made last night after I blogged. Then, of course, there was the unpacking and putting away...but I didn't have to put groceries into the cart or onto the conveyer or into my trunk...just out of the trunk and to where they are stored. I have been trying to get a handle on the mess that I have made with making ornaments, etc. I have been putting sewing items away...still have some to go, but it is a start. I finished the last ornament today...it is the one that we will keep for our tree...when next we put one up. It is a rather tiny ornament. I will put a picture of it here...I took a picture of it on my cutting board that has one inch grids on it so you can see how tiny the stitched part is.
This one was so tiny that I didn't cross the stitches...they are all just half of a cross stitch...just a slanted line...but you can't tell that they aren't crossed. This afternoon I chose gift bags for Melany, Wade, and family's gifts and got their gifts into the bags so they are ready to go to their house on New Year's Day. I got a call from Marie this afternoon saying that she and Carolyn had been talking about taking a "short" barn trip tomorrow and would I like to come...and, of course, I said that I would! So shortly I will get my cameras ready to head over their way in the morning. I have some special cross stitching planned for tomorrow also. So the last day of 2021 should be a busy day for me. I think that Woody is enjoying having an accessible laptop again. I see him looking up things on it...something else to occupy his time. Speaking of time, I guess it is time for me to go get his dialysis treatment set up so the treatment will be over early enough for me to head off on our barn trip...the last of this year...what a good way to see the year out. I'm guessing that I will have a few new barn pictures to share with you after tomorrow's trip. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Melany's doctor told her today to expect it to be a rough couple of months for Covid once they get back to school...her doctor was just getting over Covid...she was triple vaxxed...she said that she would hate to get Covid not having had the vaccinations, as she was still having respiratory problems and it had been ten days. Melany's doctor visit was virtual.

No comments:

Post a Comment