Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Welcome, Winter!

Winter has arrived and we are experiencing the shortest day of the year. Bright side of this...from this day on our days will begin getting longer! I burned a bit of midnight oil last night and fully finished the ornaments for our Dorrell grandchildren. Over the last few days, I have had a few ideas that I want to still make for Christmas gifts...today I went to JoAnn's and got the needed supplies. A bit earlier I managed to make the first prototype...not without picking out a few seams...but I've got it now! Famous last words! I imagine that there will be more midnight oil burned over the next few days. We plan to exchange gifts and get together with Nathan and Kathy and family Christmas Eve Day...so a few more days for theirs to get completed. We plan to get with Melany and family and Nathan and family on New Year's Day...so a few more days to get theirs ready! There is still a lot of wrapping to do, too. 'Tis the Season! I arranged, I hope, for the old cycler machine to get picked up again...that is supposed to happen tomorrow between 8am and 8pm...reason that I ran errands today...JoAnn's, the shoe store for a new pair of shoes for me, and the grocery down the street for sugar. So while waiting for Fed Ex, I can sew, cook, or perhaps wrap a few gifts. Well, time to get Woody's dialysis going so...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment