Friday, December 17, 2021

Miracle on Yale Street

The title of tonight's blog is incorrect...it should be Yale Drive...but in keeping with the Christmas movie (Woody's favorite), Miracle on 34th Street...decided to use Street. At one time one end of our street had a sign with "drive" on it and at the other end with "street"...and there are only 5 houses on our side of the street...so not a long enough street to warrant two different designations. Legally it is drive...according to our house paperwork. Now to tell about the miracle. Yesterday we received 2 wrong items for the 1 that we ordered. Late yesterday afternoon, I let the company know and didn't hear from them till two hours after the miracle happened! As I mentioned yesterday, Fed Ex was scheduled to pick up the dialysis cycler machine that had been replaced. The Fed Ex driver arrived around 11:30 am. He was supposed to have a shipping label, but didn't have one, but he said that he would take care of getting one...or I guess if he doesn't it will have lots of rides around in various Fed Ex trucks or land in the dead package space in a Fed Ex facility! The unusual thing was that he had a package for us and it looked a lot like the incorrect one we received yesterday. He said that he had a package for us and he understood that I should have a package for him...well, I took off upstairs to retrieve the items and the bag that they arrived in, quickly stuffed the items in the mailing bag and taped the bag up (glad that I had put the mailing tape and scissors on the dining room table!). He took the one I had and handed me the one he had and he was off with box and bag. Two hours after he picked up and delivered, I got an email from the company appologizing for the mixup and asking me to take a picture of the incorrect items and send it to them and that I could have a refund or they would ship the correct item, but that they couldn't guarantee that it would arrive prior to Christmas! So...however this got here we are impressed and amazed. I'm guessing that the mixup was discovered...probably person who was supposed to receive what we had may have complained before we did? Who knows...but we are happy and that much closer to being set for Christmas. What was supposed to arrive today didn't arrive...the first one lately that hasn't arrived on the day we were told...not a problem at this point...still time! I cooked this morning so I would be downstairs to hear the doorbell...in the end he just knocked. I made a pot of chili...something that I was hungry for. Woody did taste a small amount and said that it tasted "okay"...maybe he will eat a little larger helping tomorrow? I then settled in at the dining room table to work on the Sunday School lesson and pretty well have that finalized. Then it was time to tackle typing the Christmas letter, that Woody had written out long hand, into the iPad. I have accomplished that and made it fit on one page and got it approved by Woody and have started making copies. Another Christmas task accomplished...now Woody will address and stuff the envelopes. I will have to buy some more stamps and then we can get them off. I'm heading off now to get Woody's dialysis set up and then get him connected and then I will go back to my needlework...either fully finishing some ornaments or stitching some. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! And, I hope that there are some Christmas miracles on your street, too! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment