Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Busy Day

Today has mostly been about dialysis. first thing we do most mornings is disconnect Woody from his overnight treatment. Breakfast comes after that. Today after breakfast it was time to get ready to head to the dialysis center. Before we could leave the driveway, I had to pull the garbage can back the back of the house. With all the leaves at the curb, there is no room to pull the gwrbage can next to the road except at the base of the driveway. Today I also had to load up bags pf fluid that had drained from Woody over night as it was time to test those to see how well the treatments are doing. These four bags are quite heavy so I wheel them to the car in the wheelchair. At the center one of the nurses gets them out and takes them in. Once I got the drain solution in the car and the garbage can out of the way, it was time to get Woody into the car. The nurse was waiting for us this morning...he waved us in before I got a chance to call to oet him know we were there. He was ready for us because he had had to fit in another patient this morning. His part of the appointment went quite quickly. But we also had to see the social worker because she was going to be out of the office when we go back in two weeks. That took a bit of time as it was time to reask all the question that she has to ask...the part of the team effort that I could without...lots of questions about how you are doing, feeling, etc., etc. I guess it is necessary...but takes up a lot of time. We finally got away...and the appointment only took about an hour from arrival to departure...so really not bad, but this one is usually much quicker...in and out usually. We got home and it was time for us to do the manual drain. While he was draining, I checked his dialysis supplies...counted what we have, as it was the day to make the next order and made out that list so I could make the phone call after lunch. Woody prefers to wait for lunch till after he has drained. I got our lunch and we ate. Then I went upstairs to make the call for the supply. I was on hold for more than a half hour and finally got to talk to a person and made the order. By the time I hung up 45+ minutes had passed since I picked up the phone. I will say they are very proficient with getting the order figured out from what I have on hand and very pleasant to work with. By that time I was pretty much done in and ready to quit dealing with dialysis for at least a little while! I went downstairs one time...a little after 3pm and Woody was dozing pretty soundly as he didnt hear me tell him that it was time for Family Feud, one of his afternoon rituals is to watch "The Feud." I came back upstairs and ended up taking a nap. I decided that I would blog early so maybe I wouldn't forget. When looking for a barn photo, I found a group that I hadn't shared quite a few from...so have a few more in reserve to post. My friend is still very sick with Covid. She was given some respiratory treatment at the hospital and then taken back to her health care facility, but we understand that she is not doing well. Please...be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment