Wednesday, December 22, 2021

'Tis the Season…To Be Busy!

Oh, my...I think my battery is running down...and there is still much to do. Some Christmas goodies cooking and still some sewing. Woody has a gift sewing project that he would like me to do...we'll see! He mentioned this item a while back and I didn't think about it again. Though, today when he told me a plan he had it made sense that this item really needed to be a part of the gift. We will see if it can happen or not. I've about decided that one of my planned gifts that still needs to be sewn is going to be "a promise" to be told about and then sewn and given after Christmas. Last night and today I completed 12 sewn items for gifts that I just bought the fabric for yesterday. Woody offered to wrap gifts. I'll bet he was surprised as to how quickly gifts and wrapping supplies appeared near his chair! I have Woody's nightly dialysis treatment set up and once the solution warms, I will connect him for the night and then I will head upstairs. I need to make one more ornament...not handstitched, but machine embroidered. I will get that done so I can go back to regular sewing on that machine and see if I can knock out what Woody is wanting me to make. Hoping that I get my second wind...if not...not much more will get done tonight. At least the next item planned, the machine does all (well, sort of) the work...I "just" have to change thread colors and add pieces of fabric pieces when the machine tells me to...at least if is a change of pace from what I have been doing. Count down is on...only tomorrow to get ready for Dorrell family to Dorrell family gift exchange. The kids voted for doing it at 9am Friday! I've promised food to snack on...at the moment all that I can offer is Chex Mix...guess I had better get back into the kitchen tomorrow! I had planned on fudge being one of our snack items...somehow fudge at 9am just doesn't seem "right." So may need to regroup a bit...'tis the season for regrouping!!! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment