Saturday, December 11, 2021

What We Woke Up To!

This is nothing to what "neighbors" woke up to in Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Illinois...such devatation over many miles. Nathan does prison ministry in Kentucky and found out this morning that the son of the head of the prison ministry lost his home in the tornados that rolled through their area of Kentucky. We only got a short period of wind and it did rain for a while this morning...very hard for a time. Our electricity went out for a very short time...I didn't even realize about the power outage, I must have still been asleep, but Woody knew it and I would have realized it at a point as our microwave clock was blinking. I'm not sure if the power outage caused the message on Woody's dialysis cycler or what caused it. Woody's dialysis was complete so it didnt cause any problems except for being able to remove the cassette and the lady who answered my service call helped me get that out. She said that when the "Watch Dog" message comes on they replace the machine as it could happen again. We are being sent a new machine that is to be here on Tuesday and the old machine will be picked up on Friday. This will be our third machine. His first one "failed" his first night of home dialysis...the cartridge leaked inside of the machine that night and if it gets wet inside they replace it. I'm hoping that we will have less alarms with a new machine. I learned at the last appointment that lots of alarms could be a reason to get a new machine...so maybe this problem will solve a couple of problems? We will see! Today was Wassail making day for me. Our Sunday School Class is having a Christmas get together tomorrow afternoon. It has become tradition for me to make Wassail for our party. I use the recipe that I got when I was at Cottey College...this recipe has been made many times in the 50+ years since I got it...my mother and I both used it many times over the years. The wassail has been sitting for almost 12 hours...at the 12 hour mark I will reheat it and let it simmer for 15 minutes and it will be ready for reheating when I get it to Ruth's house tomorrow afternoon. I went to the public library this afternoon to replenish Woody's reading material. My book bag was pretty heavy when I left the library...we'll see how long this load lasts him! Woody's dialysis treatment has already started for the night since we have Sunday Schook in the morning and have to be out the door fairly early. We need the treatment to be finished so we can go through the disconnecting routine plus have breakfast and get ready to go. After I publish this, I will head down and do a few things in the kitchen while I wait for the 12 hours to be up so I can do the last step on the wassail. I hope to get to do a little stitching after that. I did get one more ornament finished this afternoon and am on the last one for our 7 Dorrell grandchildren. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment