Friday, December 31, 2021

It Could Have Been Funner!

WE had a very good time on our barn trip today...but it would have been more fun if Carolyn could have been there with us. She was feeling under the weather...so much so that she went for a Covid test...but thankfully she tested negative. Marie and I headed out around 10am and I got home a little aftrr 4pm...lots of barns were seen and photographed and a good hamburger enjoyed before we headed back to our respective homes. Tonight's photos were taken almost in Marie and Carolyn's back yard...these photos show damage from the tornado that came through a few weeks ago. There were lots of big trees uprooted all around their area...some damage to homes...and then this barn and its surrounding fence. The house next to the barn was also damaged. It was an interesting day to take pictures...lots of moisture in the air...so misty/foggy...which gave an ethereal feel to the scenery...we will see if I captured that feeling in any of the pictures! There was a feeling of things being out of focus...so if my pictures are out of focus we will claim the atmosphere as cause! What the human eye sees and what the camera captures can sometimes be totally different! I haven't had much time to look through the photos so the verdict is still out on my photo captures of the day. Well, it is time to go down and set up Woody's dialysis for the night. He has had a quiet day...since he didn't have me yacking in his ears! He has been reading and watching TV on this last day of 2021. I plan to ring in the New Year cross stitching. I'm getting started on Christmas ornaments for next year. As I type this, I am hearing fireworks...so probably won't be a quiet night! As we head into 2022: Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment