Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Ever Feel Boxed In?!?

Today we got our monthly dialysis supply delivery...and, this is what my living room looks like. The boxes in front of the couch will be taken into the family room. I just haven't had the time of inclination to do it today! I am standing on the stairs and below me are boxes stacked to the height of the 5th stair. I ended up having to call Kathy in for backup this morning because the delivery came about the time that I needed to take Woody to his TN Oncology appointment. Kathy stayed here to direct the placing of the boxes and signing the delivery order. I had decided that I wouldn't stay for his ocology apoointment today and it was a good thing. There were absolutely no parking places when we got there. So I pulled in behind parked cars and got Woody into his transport chair and wheeled him through the door of the office and headed out to move my car and head home. When I got home, I had more Fresenius business to take care of. I needed to call the nurse and make sure that Woody's machine was set upcorrectly. He did sleep better last night and had only one alarm that he heard. There were some others but the nurse said that on the new machines that there are some quiet alarms that just remind you to move to help increase the drain flow. Maybe...he heard them in his sleep? I also had to call the service folk at Fresenius, the number I called when they arranged to send a new machine. I needed to check in with them as a mailing label wasn't sent with the new machine for me to attach to the box that I am returning to them. They fixed it so Fed Ex will have the label when they come to pick up the machine on Friday. I also had to return a call to Woody's Fresenius nutritionist as she had some questions to ask for her monthly report. After I talked to her I called Fresenius Pharmacy to return a call that they keep making to get us to refill one of Woody's medications...got that done. The other Fresenius thing that I am in the process of doing is making two First Christmas ornaments...one for one of Woody's Fresenius nurses who had a baby earlier in the year and for his nutritionist who just came back from maternity leave. I'm hoping to get those done to take with us in the morning when we go for his monthly check-in with Dr. O and the rest of his team. Woody did start back on Keytruda this morning...he will get that infusion every three weeks. I'm afraid we will both dream medical stuff tonight! Well, off to get his nightly dialysis treatment going. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment