Wednesday, December 29, 2021

I Was Warned

The one thing that needed to be done today, other than dialysis, was to order Woody's dialysis supplies. I called after lunch and was given a warning immediately that it would be a long wait till someone would get to my call. I was also told that I could leave my number and they would call back. My thoughts: I would rather control the call, to a point, and stay on hold. I didn't want to be at "their mercy" for a call back. Two hours and forty-four minutes after I placed the call, the order was finally completed and I could hang up! Now...I did not sit with the phone to my ear all that time. I put it on the arm of my chair and let the hold recording play on and on and on and...I read and went through some cross stitch magazines making decisions about next year's cross stitch ornaments. So managed to accomplish a few things while waiting. I have a better chance now to finish the book that I'm reading and that will be whisked away tomorrow night about this time and someone is waiting for it so I can't renew it...so it was good to be able to move on in it. I was just glad that I was able to place the order and not have to think about it again until it is time for the delivery in two weeks! We have had a storm blow through a little while ago. It is still raining, but no more lightning or thunder. I was hoping that it would pass by before it was time to connect Woody tonight. As soon as I publish this, I will go down and get his treatment set up. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment