Thursday, December 16, 2021

Busy Day—Appointment & Christmas Preparations

'Tis the season to be hustling and bustling around. This morning he had an appointment with his team at Fresenius Kidney Care Center. He ended up being their last patient...and they were ready for him to be finished...we weren't in there very long at all...once we got called in...we had around an hour wait in the car...waiting for our turn. I guess everything was good...the only thing that was a bit off was his phosphorus number...a bit high so they reminded him to take his phosphorus binders and to be watchful of phosphorus in what he eats. The nurse and the dietician liked the first Christmas ornaments that I made for their babies. By the time we got home it was time for lunch...really past time. We ate lunch and then Woody started tasking me with final decisions about Christmas presents...he took on finding gifts for everyone and I then ordered them and/or went out to purchase them. This afternoon I did both...ordered and went to a store. By an hour or so ago I think that we are pretty much finished with purchasing (Don't tell Woody, but I'm not quite finished!). We did get one order today that they sent the wrong thing...I have emailed and am waiting to hear from them about how to get the correct item. Of the things that we ordered today, they are supposed to be here next week...except for one and that delivery date is iffy...hopeing that it gets here in time, but if it doesn't we can always wrap up a picture of said item and let the gift be known that way. Anyway, I know that Woody is feeling the weight of the holidays lifted off his shoulders. I have given a few suggestions and am responsible for a few of the gifts, but mostly he has found them and let me pass approval on them. He has written out a rough draft of our Christmas letter and I am going to type it up and add my additions/changes and then pass it back to him for another revision probably. I've got to get busy again on the ornaments I'm making. I also have to make final revisions on the Sunday School lesson that I am teaching this Sunday. I started working on the lesson whiile at Vanderbilt on Monday...or was it Tuesday?! This week has been crazy with appointments. Tomorrow no appointment to have to go to, but have to wait on Fed Ex to come pick up the cycler machine that was replaced. We have been handed a nice Christmas present...if the calendar remains as it is currently...but for the rest of the month/year Woody has no appointments! His next appointments are all in January of 2022...that is a freeing feeling! Woody's dialysis is already going and he is watching a movie on TV. Once I press "publish" I am going to pick up some cross stitching. I think it is too late for me to concentrate on ornament finishing (making the already stitched piece into an ornament to hang on a tree)...that involves measuring and lots of messy gluing...I want to be fresh when I approach that part of ornament making. The stitching part can be done from the comfort of my recliner! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment