Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A Bit of a Whirlwind

Tonight's photo shows our first iris to bloom this Spring. With all the rain that we have had and now that the warmer temperatures are here plants have really begun to bloom. So pretty with something new blooming just about every day. We started out early and there hasn't been a time for a nap today...so I seem to be dragging at this point in the day. I came upstairs to put my feet up and lean back so I can rest my back before finishing up in the kitchen. Woody's dialysis went well again today, though he did come out feeling pretty zapped and was very ready for a snack when he got home. After I dropped him off this morning, I came home and got a grocery list together and then headed off to Kroger. I did my shopping, came home and put away everything that was cold. I still have several bags that need to be unpacked and put into the pantry. I headed off to the church library after lunch. Donna and I worked on the latest book order...as far as we could get until we add to it with another order. We had an enjoyable time catching up with each other. While library I got a call from the company that supplies Woody's wound care supplies. Putting this info in here so I can look back and see when they called. They are still trying to get insurance straightened out. I think this is the 4th call...but at least this time they were calling me and not the other way around. She sounded positive as the call ended that it would be straightened out...she thought by just resubmitting his medicare number (which has been changed just this month)...so maybe? I hope so since I let wound care order us some more supplies. Abigail came over to the house while I was at the library to get her dress. One of her friends was going to steam the wrinkles out of it. I got home from the library and Abigail called to say taht she was just a few minutes away and that she thought that she would need my help to get it from the car into the house. We found a new place to hang it...now when she gets her shoes she can try it on again and we will make sure about how much to shorten it. She said that it is 60 days till the wedding...time is passing quickly! Kathy texted me and said that the dress they had reordered for Esther in a smaller size had come and that she thought it was going to work. Joy and Esther have their shoes so they can come and we can make a decision as to how much to shorten theirs...or if they need to be shortened. Decisions! Decisions! Oh, Abiagil had a clothespin hunt over here when she came to get her dress. She found out that she needed to bring clothespins. Now I have a clothespin here and there around the house...but I wasn't home...so I had to suggest places for her to look. She found 1 or two at each of the places I suggested. But she needed more. Now some time in the last month I ran across a package of clothespins when sewing or crafting...but could I remember where that place I had seen them...no! But I did think of one more place to check and she found them! I am glad that Abigail sort of knows where I keep things in the sewing room since we had sewing lessons here once upon a time! Shortly after Abigail left, I headed out to run errands...first to the pharmacy to see about getting some prenatal vitamins for Woody (still laughing over that!). I asked the pharmacist if she recommended a particular kind and she was helping me out in the store. About the time she was handing me a bottle, the young lady who helps behind the counter asked if we were getting something for Mr. Dorrell and then said that they had a prescription for him...and in the end the prenatal vitamins were a prescription...I had no idea. But this being brought to our attention is another reason that I love using an independant pharmacy...they know us! The pharmacist I was talking to hadn't been the one who filled the prescription. I got an explanation as to why prenatal...for the folic acid and the iron in them...pharmacist said that they are often suggested for men and women who have certain health problems. After the drugstore, I headed to the grocery store down the street from us who carries natural ground pork...time to make Woody's breakfast...again! I also had to get some zucchini as Kroger had none this morning. Well, I have rambled on...guess that is another way to see that I am in a bit of a whirlwind...head spinning, etc. Guess it is time for me to sit back and rest a bit more and then head to the kitchen...so I can come back upstairs for good for the evening. Gift stitching is still going on...but another complete finish has joined a couple of others. So progress! Woody has settled onto his couch/bed for the night. So I will end this...maybe tomorrow I won't be so wound up! We continue on with our week full of appointments tomorrow...tomorrow eye doctor for Woody. At least it is in the afternoon so we can have as leisurely a morning as we want. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment