Tuesday, April 23, 2024

It’s Tuesday…I Think…

I didn't work in the library today so I am confused that it is Tuesday! Look what bloomed. I planted the bulb from the amaryllis that our niece gave us several years back. Up to this year, it had only given us leaves...but this year!!!! Today there are two blooms open...but I didn't think to take a picture till it was too late. Very pretty and very stately! I'm late coming in to blog. I ended up getting busy toward the end of the day. I had a very lazy day because I didn't sleep well last night...didn't sleep much at all...so I napped several times today. I guess I finally got enough naps in that I had energy to do a few things before it got dark. It is the night to take the garbage can to the curb and when I did that along with the recycled stuff (I knocked down a lot of boxes). I realized that I hadn't planted the hostas that Melany brought on Sunday and dug holes for...the weather has warmed up and hopefully no more freezes! So I planted those. Kathy, Isaac and Joseph drove up just as I was going to fill the watering can to water the newly planted plants. Since they were here, I had the boys help me get the hose hooked up...I needed more than my strength to make sure that the hose was tight enough. They were able to do that for me. We stook outside and talked while I watered...talked about weddings, ball games, graduates, etc. Along with a bride, their family also have two graduates: Graham from Motlow and Joy from high school and cosmetology school. Along with three boys playing baseball! Busy times in their household! Woody had a good dialysis as far as we know, at least. He did have some new news from dialysis...a new schedule...he has been assigned to start a half an hour EARLIER!!!!!! Oh, my...but I guess we can adjust?!? I guess time will tell. That schedule starts the second week in May. Along with napping I have interspersed stitching and a few household chores into my afternoon and evening. Woody had a late supper because I socialized in the front yard...he is about ready to call it a day. He has already moved over to his bed/couch. I plan to keep on stitching after I get the kitchen closed down for the night. What I'm stitching isn't for Abigail's shower this coming Sunday, but for the following Sunday...but there is quite a bit to go on it even though I have been stitching diligently for some time now. It just doesn't go very fast...but it is coming along. I did go to Kroger just before picking Woody up today. They had red, orange, and yellow bell peppers on sale so I wanted to get some before they change their sale items tomorrow. I will need to chop, slice and dice them and get them in the freezer for future recipes. I'm trying to decide if I need to roast any of these...I think that I still have some roasted ones in the freezer...I'll check and decide. But pepper prep is on my list of to-dos probably for tomorrow. Stitching will be high on the to-do list, too. Woody has a day off...always good for him...we both like those days that we can stay home. I do have a hair appointment tomorrow...but that is an appointment I always look forward to! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment