Monday, April 22, 2024

Just What Am I Saying to Abigail?!?

Obviously I didn't take tonight's photo (it's Kathy's photo)...and I look like I'm lecturing sweet Abigail...but she seems too happy for it to be too serious. Really what I am telling her is about the Christmas ornaments that I gave her...one represented their engagement, one their wedding, one their first Christmas and one reminding them to "let their lights shine"...meaning for them not to hide ther lights under a bushel...but before I finished that orament, I realized that Payton had asked her to marry him amidst the Christmas light display at his house...so I was telling her that that ornament could have a double meaning. We had a very nice time at her shower yesterday. I went with Melany (Abigail's Aunt Melany) and Brooke (Abigail's cousin-in-law). This shower was given by her co-workers at the church preschool where Abigail teaches. Three of Abigail's students were there and they helped her open her presents. It was sweet. One of the little girls is their flower girl and the little boy is their ring bearer. Abigail was filled with joy as she always is. She is just so happy, which makes us all happy! Her wedding day is getting closer. Today Woody stayed at home and recouped from all of last week's activities! This week will be a little calmer. We did pick up one appointment today...it is to go to get his brace adjusted...that won't be until Friday. I made a pot of soup...good day for it as it was a bit frosty outside this morning. There is a chance of frost tomorrow morning, too...surely these cold early morning temps will soon be behind us! I went to Monday night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting this evening. Woody was asleep by the time that I got home. He indicated that he was ready for sleep prior to me leaving. I checked his leg bandage before I left and it was still in good shape so I will either change it before dialysis in the mornng or after dialysis. I poked around in the yard for a little while this afternoon and pulled a few weeds and cut off some dead growth on a couple of things and also trimmed a couple of stalks of asparagus that grow next to our mailbox...why...I don't know! They had gotten to the point that I think that they were going to interfere with the mail carrier putting mail in our mail box...so they are snipped off...but they will be back. For years, Woody attempted to grow asparagus...his famiy grew it when he was a boy. We never had any luck with growing it. But somehow out near the road we have a couple of stalks that come back year after year. Once in a while I manage to cut it when it is young and then add it to a salad. Two stalks doesn't exactly make a serving...but ok to add into something for flavor! Well, I'll head back down and finish in the kitchen, I left a couple of dishes soaking in the sink. I'll take care of those and wipe off the counters and stove and call it quits for tonight. Hopefully I will get some more stitching done on another gift that I am in the middle of doing...hopefully I am a bit farther than midway! But it is slow-go. Nathan and Isaac and Joseph stopped by this afternoon and did a couple of things in the yard that Woody asked them to do. The boys laughed when they saw the picture that I am posting tonight...Joseph especially! So I guess I hope that it brings a smile to you, too! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment