Thursday, April 18, 2024

“Just” a Dialysis Day

So today was pretty much "just" a normal day...no appointments other than heading out to dialysis at 6am...normal for a Thursday...but normal still piles up on all that isn't part of our normal routine. I will say that I am weary and will be glad when this week passes...especially tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to be in McMinnville about an hour away...especially on a rainy day, which it may be. So I will have to be leaving when I am usually making Woody's breakfast on a non dialysis day...so up earlier than usual tomorrow, but not as early as on a dialysis day. Today I have pretty much done just little things that needed to be done. Well, I did have to run a couple of errands prior to picking up Woody. I needed a paper notorized to take to the doctor in the morning and also needed to buy some sticky back velcro. Woody's brace's straps won't stay velcroed as the part that is stuck to the strap is no longer staying stuck to the strap. We will address this when we get an appointment to see the gentelman in charge of Woody's brace, but till then I need to see if I can make the velcro I bought work. I will work on that in a little while. Woody ended up not wearing he brace to dialysis today as the straps just wouldn't stay velcroed. I will have the trip to McMinnville, see my doctor, and the return trip in the morning and then in the afternoon, Woody will have his TN Oncology appointment and get his next Keytruda infusion. Another head-spinning day! Well, I will go down and check Woody's leg bandage...hoping that it is all intact and that I don't have to change it. We usually only change the bandage every other night these days unless it has come loose or just shows that it needs to be changed. We did get the order from the medical supply place...it came really quickly...order was placed Monday or Tuesday and it is here today. It came from Texas by FedEx. Now hoping that they have the billing straightened out! These bandages are about $5 a piece...at least that is what they cost if I order them from Amazon...Amazon's boxes only have 5 in them...these come in packages of 10 and they sent us thirty...so enough to change them once a day if necessary. The wound care center moved him to a larger bandage so it will pad his leg over a larger surface to protect against pressure from the brace...so it is serving two purposes...covering a wound and being extra padding. I did get the supplies sent today all put away. They keep changing types of supplies which means we have things not being used left over...so we are quite the medical supply headquarters! I just have to keep fining places to put the items we aren't using at the moment...got to keep them where I can get to them so "if" we need to use them at another time, I can find them! Hard to keep a handle on them. I get them all straightened out and something changes and have to reorganize...or not! Then it is just by chance if you can find something that we used to use! Woody did get his monthly report of labs from dialysis today and most everything is in the good range. His hemoglobin was a bit lower than we like to see. It may be hard to get it to the goal that the cardiologist wants it. Hoping that he doesn't have a blood transfusion in his near future! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment