Thursday, April 25, 2024

Interesting Day

It started out like a normal Thursday...we got up early and headed off around 6am for Woody's dialysis treatment. I dropped him off and headed back home. Once I got home I started working with the red, orange, and yellow bell peppers that I had purchased Tuesday. I diced three of them...that is the size I like to use in Woody's omelets and a couple of other recipes that need peppers finely cut. Then I cubed three...a size that I use in several recipes. The other six, I oven roasted till they were blackened. When they are done, I wrap them in the foil that I cook them on and let them cool. When they are cool, the skin and seeds slip right off/out. I did the roasting this afternoon. After I diced and chopped, it was time to meet Jo and Carolyn for breakfast. The little cafe where we have been meeting for years has closed. So we had to claim a spot somewhere else to eat and visit. Today we went to Hardees. We had a nic visit until it was time for me to pick up Woody. After lunch is when I roasted the peppers. The roasted peppers are in the refrigerator. Tomorrow, I hope to make the sweet red pepper sauce that Woody uses instead of catsup...that sauce takes a couple of roasted peppers per recipe. I will freeze the others after I use what I need. At some point this afternoon, I saw the mail carrier drive past so went out to check the mail. On the front porch there were two boxs from Amazon...we had/have no outstanding orders from Amazon presently. Seeing them made me wonder if they had something to do with the fraudulant charges on my card that I took care of yesterday morning. I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure that this delivery and the fraudulant charge on my card are directly related. By the way, I'm not sure that I mentioned, but the unwelcome charge was an Amazon Marketplace charge...so...at this point two and two are adding up to four! The boxes were addressed to me. Inside I found ten ziplock packages that each contained what I show in tonight's blog photo...farm animal party favors...each contain enough for 12 children to have one of each of the different items...so I can have a pretty large party. In other words what you see in the picture you can multiply by ten and that is how many items I was sent. Oh, and along with those, there was one box of au gratin potatoes. I spent a good amount of time on the phone trying to find out how to return them. They took information from me and checked my account...and found taht I had two accounts...one mine and one, I guess, created by whomever! The Credit Union is taking care of the fraudulant charges...I just wanted to return the order that I didn't order. In the end I was told to just throw the contents of the boxes away...and if any more come to do the same with those. I guess someone didn't have anything else to do the other night than try to make an order for me...(insert rolling eyes). At the moment nothing further can be done with my account as I haven't used my new card yet...anywhere...so for the time being we are safe. Amazon destroyed my second account that wasn't mine to start with and we are back to square one. I am expecting more boxes as I don't think that what I received today adds up to what this person attempted to spend. I wish they had chosen a little better in what they ordered for me in my name!!!!!! They don't have my taste in things to order...at all! I had an inspiration as to where this orderer might hav originated from...but then I'm not sure since the Credit Union person I worked with yesterday said taht I was the second person who had a fraudulant order happen from Amazon...so that may be the scam of the moment...watch your account. I think that I realized it happened almost as soon as the "transaction" took place. I had been checking my Credit Union account to check to see if something had cleare earlier in the evening and that charge was not there then. I went back to chevk one more time before I went to sleep and it was there then. I will say that it is a good thing to watch your accounts closely in this day and age. I don't quite see the point in doing what was done...except that it defrauds Amazon and causes a hastle for the person whose card number and account that they hacked...guess I am old...I just don't see exactly what the purpose is. Alls well that ends well...the money has been returned to my account and I can just sit back and see if anything else is coming my way...what a shame that Amazon won't let me return the merchandise. After spending quite a bit of time online chatting with Amazon and then talking with a real person, the afternoon got away from me pretty quickly. I spent a little more time on the phone ordering a dialysis prescription from Fresenius...that didn't take very long by comparison! I made a meatloaf for our supper...Woody is back to wanting meatloaf sandwiches once in a while...at least he doesn't want them exclusively like he did for a while! I read the other day that after my generation meatloaf will be a meal of the past...interesting...other generations will miss out on lots of good eats...casseroles was another item mentioned in that article. I will say that I am glad that we both like casseroes as with the price of groceries, I can give us a large variety of meals at a much lower cost than if we were just eating cuts of meat. Anyway, we like our cassroles...and our soups...and..! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment