Tuesday, April 2, 2024

We’re Watching πŸ‘€

We are in a Tornado Watch...which means that conditions are right for a tornado...during a watch we hope and pray that it doesn't turn into a Tornado Warning which means that there is a tornado on the ground (sometimes they issue this warning just from radar/wind velocity indication). Alexa says that we are in a tornado warning...but no siren is going off and not showing on WeatherBug. They are saying that Winchester, TN is under a warning...that is just little ways down the road from us...we are almost in their county so sometimes we get included in their warnings. It's raining pretty hard. Woody doesn't look too concerned...he has dozed off in his recliner. The TV has been only weather coverage for more than an hour. We watch Huntsville, AL and our weather us usually comes from their direction. They do cover some of the counties in southern middle TN...not our county though. We have had a sort of busy day...at least for the morning. We headed off dark and early for Woody's dialysis treatment. I came home and finished my grocery list and then headed to Kroger. I came home and put most of the groceries away and then headed off a little early to pick up Woody as I planned to stop at our pharmacy to see if p ossibly all our prescriptions had been filled...AND...miracles will never cease...they were all filled and waiting for me to pick up and pay for. We're good to go for at least another month! I got to the dialysis center a little early and Woody ended getting out a bit later than usual. He said that he just had to wait his turn to get taken off his machine. After I got Woody settled, I went out and put the car in the garage since the predicted storms were supposed to be pretty strong. I wasn't planning on going out again today so decided to tuck the car away. Donna and I decided that we wouldn't work in the church library today since we got pretty much caught up last week. Since the storms were supposed to start this afternoon, we decided to skip our work day and stay home...safe and dry. Melany let me know that her school let out three hours early due to possible strong storms about the time taht school would let out. The schools in our area let out early, too...not sure about Tullahoma, but I know that Franklin let out early as did schools in the Huntsville, AL area. Things have calmed down while I wrote this...for the moment I believe that we are in the clear...there may be more storms come through tonight. I'm heading to finish in the kitchen and then head upstairs. I hope to make a little more progress on my gift stitching project...not much progress has been made today. Woody has settled onto his couch/bed so it looks like things are drawing to a close at our house. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment