Friday, April 5, 2024

Normalcy!

We are close to being back to "normal." Whatever that means! But today I got the last of the Christmas/Winter/Valentines/Spring/Easter back into boxes. But the best news for me is that all the boxes are out of Melany's room and back into the Christmas closet. I think that last of the Spring/Easter decorations are out of the living room, dining room, and kitchen. I was so glad to get that last box packed into the puzzle of boxes in the closet. It is amazing what all can be packed into that closet! I was afraid that all weren't going to fit, but fit they did. Now...I still have to go through gift bags and sort the to size and compress them down. Some may find their way to the curb come next garbage day. I hate to throw them away...but...We'll see what I can do with getting them ready for storage. I will say with the store of gift bags that I have, I haven't had to buy gift bags at Christmas for some years now. That was definitely a good job done...but doing that pulled me away from my stitching...guess I will get back to stitching after I finish in the kitchen and get Woody settled in for the night...still have to dress his leg wound. Woody has had a quiet day. He did do a last Christmas job...recording the Christmas cards we received this year. Hmmm speaking of those...I guess that that basket of cards is still downstairs along with the book he records in. Guess everything isn't upstairs and in the closet, yet! But I still say we are close to normalcy. I still have to vacuum the living room and dining room...but that can wait till tomorrow. I did empty the canister for the vacuum...so all ready to go in the morning! I napped this afternoon after all the climbig up and down the stairs and then lifting all those boxes into the closet. The closet packing job was always Woody's...his contribution to our Christmas decorating. At one time, I wondered if I would ever decorate again when he stopped being able to pack boxes into the closet...but guess I found that I could! I will say that I enjoyed my extended decorating this year for the seasons following Christmas. But I will also say that I am ready for it to all be put away now. I got to thinking as I was finishing this job, that it won't be long till I will be getting it all out again to get ready for Christmas! Not quite yet...please! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment