Saturday, April 6, 2024

Saturday…all day!

We got up at our usual Saturday time...early! We were out the door by 6am. We got to the dialysis center a little early, but they were waiting for him...the reason being that they were low on patients for that time in the morning. Usually when we get there (by 6:20am) there are four vehicles parked where dialysis patients park...today there were only two...so I figured that there some must be missing or late. The nurse said that patients were sparse at that point in the morning. Now when I went to pick him up it was like Grand Central Station with the comings and goings of patients! Woody's dialysis went well once again. He is always glad when it is time to head home. But unlike some of the patients he really doesn't dread the treatment time. One lady tells me often that her stomach sinks when she sees the sign where her daughter makes the turn to head into the dialysis parking lot. Some of the patients are just so sad about each day that they come. Woody just knows that it is part of his day...part of his routine. I made a ham casserole this afternoon for our supper tonight. I changed Woody's "menu," as some things have run out on the first menu and there was more crossed out than things he could choose from. I am starting to add to his choices...his menu is changing. Today I added the ham casserole and tomorrow I plan to make split pea soup (the last hoorah for the Easter ham). I have done a little stitching...but on a different project. I needed to move to something else as I have a bridal shower to attend this coming Saturday and am now working on a gift for her. This young lady I have known all her life and she attended Montessori...so she automatically becomes one of "my children!" I haven't seen her in some years so look forward to seeing her at her shower. "My children" tend to grow up...both my own, my grandchildren, and my Montessori students! Life marches on! I have been reading in spare moments as my book will be taken away from me in the wee hours on Monday...so am leaning more toward reading than stitching in those spare moments. I spent longer than I would have liked trying to get our new phones to accept messages...I had Cheryl (my favotite (only) sister) call and leave a message and she was successful...so maybe? I've also been working on catching up on our wash...I let it go for a few days and now there are quite a few loads that need to be done...which reminds me that I need to go transfer the last load I washed into the dryer...always something. I pretty much cleaned up the kitchen after I made the casserole, but now I need to unload the dishwasher so I can put the dirty dishes that have accumulated into the dishwasher to get them off the counter. I think there will still be several that aren't supposed to go into the dishwasher that I will have to wash by hand. Woody is settled onto his couch/bed. i'm ready for my recliner/bed...but...other duties call first. I am looking forward to more reading and some stitching before my eyes close for the last time today...note...they have closed earlier in the day as I did take an unintended nap after lunch. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment