Monday, April 8, 2024

Birthday Eclipsed

I'm depending on the birthday girl for the blog photo tonight. It's Melany's birthday and eclipse Day which resulted in her having a day off from school due to the eclipse...worked out pretty well, I would say! Melany enjoyed the eclipse glasses that they got at Sonic and watched the eclipse and used them to be able to take a photo with her phone. So you are seeing a photo of the eclipse from Murfreesboro, TN. I didn't get glasses so just experienced it slightly...it got a little darker and had a bit of an eery feeling for a couple of minutes. It wasn't at all like the eclipse in 2017. I experienced that one looking at the shadows on the ground...this time...no shadows...guess it is because the trees haven't leaved out very much yet? Woody and I watched the coverage of the eclipse on TV as it traveled across the North American continent from Mexico on up to Canada. It was interesting. I had a cookin day. The morning was spent making split pea soup...started making it as soon as I put breakfast in front of Woody and it was finished a few minutes after noon for our lunch. Then this afternoon I made a hominy casserole. I had been wanting it for a while and finally found the time when I had enough energy to make it! It rained a good part of the morning, but did clear up in time for the eclipse. I went to prayer meeting tonight. Woody stayed home as it was supposed to be raining...in the end it didn't rain. We will be up and out of here early in the morning...rain or not! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment