Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Another Busy Day…When Will Life Settle Down Again?

All I can say is that we have about made it through this day. Woody had a good eye appointment. He can wait a bit longer till he has the cataract in his other eye removed. The doctor was more interested in getting me on his schedule in June to have both my eyes done...should be interesting to have a wedding sandwiched between eye surgeries. He told me the week that his vacation in June is...so we will have to work with three weeks in June...hope that it really works out when his actual surgery schedule gets pulled up. I go to see him in four weeks and we will get things set up then...hopefully. We are scheduling for June so Melany can come and help take care of her Daddy for the time that I shouldn't be hoisting wheelchairs, etc. I filled in the chinks before and after the appointment with cooking tasks. I needed to make something with my sourdough starter...so made sourdough waffles. I have put most of those in the freezer. Then I made hamburger stroganoff for our lunch. This evening he wanted a philly steak sandwich so cooked onions and peppers for that. And, I'm still not finished as I need to at least put together the ground pork mixture for his breakfast sausage...what I had in the freezer is all gone. I will just put the mixture together and then cook a pattie for him in the morning to go in his omelet...then later tomorrow cook the rest of the patties and freeze them. I will say that this week of appointments has about gotten to me...wearing both of us down. This is hump day...but we still have four appointments between now and Saturday afternoon...plus I was reminded today that it is my Cottey College Alum bookclub on Saturday...I have read the book, but I'm not sure whether I will be able to sandwich it in...maybe I can sneak into the Zoom meeting for a little while. At the moment, I am just ready for all these extra appointments to be behind us! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment