Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The Calm and Chill After the Storm

Our storm was mainly just rain and some wind. This morning you could hardly tell that it had stormed, except perhaps for some puddles...so often branches are down and the street is littered with debris...but not this time. Of course, we are still early in Spring and the leaves are just starting to form on the trees...often it is the leaves that come down during hard rains and wind...so perhaps that was just the timing of this storm that made it not make a mess. Now not all were as lucky as we there was damage in some places in TN and other states. We had some more rain this afternoon...that rather surprised me as I wasn't expecting it. I guess after the storm came through last night, I didn't pay attention to today's forcast...plus we didn't have to get out today so weren't trying to find out what the conditions were going to be today. The temperatures have dropped a lot since yesterday. Tonight, once again, it is supposed to get into the upper 30s and I guess they are predicting frost in the wee hours in another day or two. I guess this is another of our "winters." Perhaps Dogwood Winter this tiime, as the dogwoods are just beginning to bloom. We have had a pretty quiet day. I stayed inside most of the day and stitched and worked on getting Spring decorations down and away. I have made quite a few trips up and down the stairs carrying bunnies back to their storage homes. They still aren't all upstairs but the end is in sight. I did take all the decorations off the Spring/Easter tree today. They are on the little table in the living room until I figure out what Christmas box or boxes they go in. Woody has done crosswords, looked at things on his laptop, watched TV and rested. I'm heading down to bandage his leg and finish in the kitchen, then I'm coming back upstairs...perhaps a couple of bunnies will hop on for a trip upstairs, and then I am going to get back to my stitching. It is coming along. Finally I'm makinng forward progress once again! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment