Friday, August 16, 2019

A Messy Kitchen Day

Back to posting a barn picture!  I like this one because of the rounded roof line...I haven't seen many barn roofs like this one.

My first kitchen mess happened when I made cookies this morning.  The first time for me to bake cookies in either of the new ovens and the first time to make cookies in a convection oven.  Worked very well.  I had read that you should subtract 25% of the cooking time and doing that made them come out perfectly.  What got me heading in the direction to make cookies was that I decided to wipe off the shelves in the refrigerator before Woody got home with groceries.  Doing that I saw a banana that I had stored in the fridge to stop it from ripening more and decided that I needed to make something with it.  And, that recipe must have been "meant to be" as when I mashed it I had exactly what the recipe called for.  I made a recipe that my mother made for us on one of our trips to Arizona and I got the recipe from her: Banana Softies.  I shared with the neighbor's (Nathan and Kathy and family), I ate a couple and put the rest in the refrigerator.  Woody's not supposed to eat bananas nor have things with baking powder in them...so they are out of his sight!  I do plan to make a recipe for some cookies that he can eat.  I had planned to make those until my eyes fell on that overripe banana!

Woody did our grocery shopping at Kroger.  He came home and I retrieved the groceries from the car and put them away.  Woody rested for a few minutes and then headed off to run errands with his friend.  He was away on those errands for a couple of hours of the morning and well past lunch.

My next mess in the kitchen came when I decided what I wanted to make for supper.  And, I still have some of that mess to clean up.  I made pork chops and I'd guess that it was the messiest recipe that I have made since having the new kitchen.  I guess I am breaking the kitchen in and knocking the newness off!  It is about cleaned up, but I need to go back down and use the special cleaner on the stovetop...just wiping it off with hot soapy dishwater didn't seem to get it completely clean.  The dishwasher has run and I have washed the rest of the dishes by hand.  So I guess it is put away a few clean dishes, clean the stove top, and sweep the floor and I will close the kitchen down for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment