Thursday, August 29, 2019

Play Ball!



 Well, this is the boy who played his first Fall Ball game...but not a picture from tonight!  This is from  one of their trips this summer when they all got special ice cream floats.  Elijah's was a s'more float. Anyway, I had a picture that I took of him before he left for the game, but the picture got transferred differently and I couldn't get it to transfer to the blog.  Woody went to the game.  I stayed home because I was making English muffins and they weren't in a place that I could leave them.  I'm still working on the cleanup from that kitchen mess, but needed a break so came up to blog.

I had my last day of school for this week.  Isaac got his first long time with me for this year.  Last
week we were at the Baptist Student Ministy Center on his long time day.  We are working on lessons about simple machines.  We have a K'nex education set that teaches about simple machines.  Isaac is working with levers.  Today he built a see-saw.  This set deals with levers and pulleys.  We have another set that deals with wheels and axles and inclined planes.  I learn something each time that info through these lessons.  I guess that this is the third time that I have gone through these.  First with Graham, then Elijah, and now Isaac...perhaps the fourth will be with Joseph.  Time will tell!  So far Joseph hasn't shown much interest in building with the K'nex as the others have.  Of all, though, Graham was the most interested in doing all the builds...he still holds the "K'nexpert" title.

Well, I had better go attack the rest of the mess that I left downstairs.  It's mostly cleaned up, but there is still some to do. And, then I have to make some decisions as to a couple of things that I am going to cook next week and get items needed on the grocery list for tomorrow's shopping.







No comments:

Post a Comment