Thursday, August 15, 2019

School Ready?






I guess the school room is ready for Grammy school to begin for another year.  I have dusted, vacuumed and straightened things up.  All the Montessori equipment is on the long table that runs down one side of the room.  We bought that table when Nathan started going to Motlow and he used it for studying.  Then when he was through at Motlow, I claimed it to do scrapbooking on...some of that still lingers at the back of the table along the wall and under the table.  Then when Kathy and Nathan moved next door and Graham started doing preschool with me that table ended up being a place to keep the Montessori equipment as I acquired it. The other side of the room has Woody's desk for our BIG OLD computer (not shown in pics...that space didn't get cleaned as I might move something that Woody wants left where it is!  It also has a twin bed that I have set up like a day bed and then a little table for the two young Niger boys to use and the TV tray that the girls use when they do their art.  There is another small table that I put in there when they are doing art.  I did clean the top of the computer desk where I store staplers, etc. The top of our file cabinets are the perfect place
for storing all their art supplies.  It is a room that all surfaces are well used!

Woody took his friend, who has no transportation to McMinnville this morning and part of the afternoon for a doctor appointment.  So most of his day was taken up driving to and from and sitting in the car waiting for the appointment to be finished.  Before he even got home the doctor office was calling here (His friend has no phone either) to make a next appointment.  Woody called them back when he got home and got the information and will tell his friend tomorrow when they run errands together.

Melany, our daughter, had sinus surgery today.  She is home and texted me "owie." Wade texted with me and said that the doctor said that he thought that she would be breathing much better and get rid of her sinus headaches.  Sounds like several of her sinus cavities were in pretty bad shape.  She has been miserable for some time.  Now hopefully once she has recovered from the surgery she will be feeling much better!  Now for her to just get through this weekend...and for those who care for her to get through the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment