Saturday, August 24, 2019

Kitchen Day!

I have stewed a chicken, deboned the chicken, made chicken stock (liquid gold), roasted red peppers, made red pepper sauce, and cleaned up lots of kitchen messes.  I used my new little rolling island when I made the red pepper sauce (tonight's photo).  After I made one recipe of red pepper sauce, I decided to make another since I had enough ingredients and already had the dishes dirty!  This sauce we use as a spread on a chicken sandwich that we like...Woody could only have the chicken, some of the red peppers and the sauce on his.  I ended up making mine an open-face sandwich and melted cheese on mine using the toaster oven.  We both enjoyed our sandwiches.  Woody enjoyed having something different for a change. The sandwich is supposed to be made on focaccia bread.  I plan to make some, but just didn't have time...maybe tomorrow after church?  When I publish tonight's blog, I'm heading downstairs to empty the dishwasher so I can put our supper dishes in.  I worked hard to get everything cleaned up and then turned around and messed it up with our supper dishes!  I'm pretty ready to hang the "kitchen is closed" sign up and turn off lights!  Enough cooking for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment