Friday, August 2, 2019

Tomorrow Happened—Day 53

I started to wonder if today would be yesterday's promised tomorrow as our workman didn't get here till around 3pm.  But he DID come and he DID finish the floors  bathrooms!  Now all inside projects have been tackled and pretty much accomplished.  I have been going over things and making a list of things to point out to the contractor...but there are very few things that need to be done and/or touched up,  I had made a pretty thorough list of "problems" and they were fixed already.  So just a couple of  little things.  And, they still have to correct the leak problem outside.  All I can say is sooooooo close!

Woody almost forgot that it was Friday.  I asked him if he wasn't going to go to the store this morning and that jogged his memory as to which day it was!  This happens when one is retired...no clue to what day it is...as there is no need to know what day it is! He took his friend to do errands first and then after lunch did our shopping at Kroger.  I stayed home waiting for our worker.  I will be so glad when waiting for workers is totally over!

Our worker didn't get finished till almost 6pm.  After he left, I vacuumed some and put things back in the bathrooms.  I'm pleased with how the bathrooms look.  I will have a painting job once the other workers are totally done.  That job being the woodwork in all three bathrooms.  The woodwork needs to be done anyway and they added quarter round and it is white,,,so I want it painted the same as the baseboards and cabinets.  So on down the road I will be tackling that job.

Tomorrow is Esther's birthday and I was enlisted to make her cake as she and her family have been on the road for a couple of weeks and just got home late this afternoon.  They had a bit of a problem getting home after Atlanta...the interstate was shut down.  They found out while they were trying to reroute themselves that it was because Vice President Pence was traveling down that interstate to get to an airport.  They finally got back on the interstate but it added about 1-1/2 hours to their travels today.  As soon as I post this I am going to go down and make the frosting and then frost the cake.   My oven is doing a good job of baking.  I also made cornbread today.  We have a new minister for children and families at our church and Kathy is going to take a meal to them.  One of the things that she needed to go with the meal she was taking was cornbread so I offered to make it since they were still on the road.  

Guess I'll go make frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment