Thursday, August 8, 2019

Trapper Elijah at it Again!

Look what Joseph discovered was in Elijah's trap this afternoon.  It is right next to their air conditioning unit...hope this little guy doesn't decide to spray!  It might be bad for us too, as it is just a short span from the side of our house and our AC units.  They think that he/she is young...but not a tiny baby.  I also hope that the kitties stay clear and don't grt overly curious!  We have caught skunks before.  When we had skunks under our house, we called animal control and they brought a trap (before a Trapper Elijah had traps).  When a skunk was caught, we would call them and they would come and  remove skunk and trap that was theirs.  The last skunk caught was in Elijah's trap and the city still came and took the skunk away.  Nathan assuming that the city animal control would do the same...BUT...the answer was NO... They no longer deal with wild animals...only domestic...so Nathan is looking into the wildlife folk.  Elijah said that he had set the trap before heading off on their trip, but hadn't put in any food to lure an animal in!  Guess it didn't take luring for this little fellow.

Woody is having one of those weeks...doctor appointment following doctor appointment.  Today's appointment was with his kidney doctor for labs.  He headed off armed with lab reports both from yesterday and from last week at Vanderbilt.  And, it worked!  They accepted the info from both of the and he got to slip away without giving up any more of his precious blood!  While he as out, he managed to run a couple of errands.  This morning he also picked up Abigail from Montessori School.

I had been going to go get Abigail, but got an email from our contractor that included our final bill for the remodeling and one of the ladies from his office was going to come by to pick up the check.  So I stayed home and took care of that!  I wanted to invite her in as she was the one who helped when I was looking at quartz samples for the counter tops.  I figured that most of the time the ladies in the office don't get to see the finished kitchen.  She was happy for a reason to get away from the office in the middle of the day and happy to see the finished kitchen.  So I guess handing that check off was the final "final task" and the kitchen is ALL ours now!

Donna and I worked in the church library this afternoon...we did maintenance and a couple of other jobs.  Woody was out on his doctor/errand trip when I got home, but came home pretty soon after I got back.  We had supper...Woody had his "white" pasta sauce over bow ties and I "borrowed" some of the bow tie pasta to add to my tomato pasta sauce.  I think that Woody wished for mine.  I came upstairs to blog and then was going to go back down to clean up the kitchen...I ended up falling asleep before I got the blog posted...so will post now and then do as planned...head back down to clean up the kitchen...just a bit later than planned!




No comments:

Post a Comment