Monday, August 26, 2019

Monday Musings

We have both been fairly busy today.  My morning was busier than Woody's.  I had a full morning of school starting with Joseph and ending with Esther. Esther continued to learn her new art form/craft of quilling.  She made her daddy a back-to-school present: a bookmark with a quilled turtle on it. This was Nathan's first day as Motlow College's Baptist Collegiate Ministry Director with college back in session. It sounded like he had a good day.  Tomorrow the BCM is having a banquet for the athletes.  I think he said that there were supposed to be 70 or so in attendance.  Starting off with a bang!

Midafternoon, Woody headed off to McMinnville to take his friend to a doctor appointment.  He got back just in time (6pm) to rest a moment and then head off to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  He is still there.

I decided that I wanted some cornbread so while Woody was gone I made that.  It isn't something that he is supposed toner so at least he didn't have to smell it cooking!  After that I made chicken noodle soup...something that he can eat!  And, it has actually cooled down so it "almost" feels like soup weather!  It has rained lightly off and on during the day.  We really needed the rain.  There is actually a feeling of Fall in the air today.  I'm sure that summer heat will be close on the heels of this cool down, but it is welcome after the heat that we had been having.

We both had phone calls to make today.  Woody had to call his Vanderbilt infectious disease doctor's office to reschedule an appointment.  He was successful.  I needed to call G.E. about my oven's wifi connectivity.  I can turn on the oven from my iPad and it had been working until Nathan did a bit of a change with our router.  When I called today, I found out that they are having some problems if routers are changed...if only they told these things up front!  Anyway, I gave information to a very nice young lady and she said that someone will be getting back to me from the "more technical" department!  So my telephone call didn't solve my problem...but at least it has the ball rolling to get things working again. I also got in touch with our contractor's office as there is a slight problem with the undercounter lights.  They emailed me back and they will send a worker to check on it.  So another ball rolling!  I still don't have a light in the lower oven.  I can't get the glass light cover off and need Nathan.  He was at Motlow most of the day and tonight they have company for dinner so he will get to that "one of these days."  As he will eventually get to hanging the honeycomb shades in the kitchen windows.  He's being pulled in all directions these days!!  He'll get to his "sonny-do" jobs for us when he can find the time...and those jobs aren't keeping me from using the kitchen so I can wait.  I still have one more item for the kitchen that I need to order: a clock for the wall.  I told myself I would do that today, but I think that I have maxed out on my goals for the day and will add that to tomorrow's list!

No comments:

Post a Comment