Monday, August 19, 2019

Back in the School Groove




Grammy School got underway for the school year 2019-2020 this morning.  My school is shrinking in numbers.  I only have four students this year as there are three in high school—Graham is a senior, Abigail is a sophomore and Joy is a freshman.  My students are Esther as a 7th grader, Elijah as a 5th grader, Isaac as a 2nd grader, and Joseph as a kindergartner.  Joseph comes for an hour, Isaac comes for 40 min., and Esther and Elijah each read with me for 20 min. Then one comes for Grammy long time from 11-12.  I only took pictures of the kindergartner and the "long timer," Esther, today.  Esther wanted to learn how to do quilling.  We gave her a quilling kit for her birthday with a promise from me that I would show her how during her long time.  She started a sampler of quilled shapes.  Then decided that she wanted to make a quilling picture.  She came back over this afternoon and then for a little while this evening to complete her first quilled project.  She's always pleased to learn a new art technique!

Joseph settled right back into school mode.  We did a lot of reviewing today.  In the 2nd picture he is 
reviewing the lesson on even and odd numbers.  

Woody had an appointment with his nephrologist this afternoon.  And, doesn't have to go back for four months.  This evening he went to the Monday Night Furnace Room prayer meeting.  He returned a few minutes ago.  I guess that means that we are settling into another quiet night in this Dorrell household.  When I publish this I am going to head into the sewing room to put "Motlow BCM" on another shirt for Nathan. He's gearing up for the new college year to get underway and his new job to go into full swing.  I think that Motlow gets underway next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment