Monday, August 12, 2019

Farm Fresh Start

Here's the farm fresh start to Woody's day this morning...farm fresh eggs given to us by a friend!  I made him an omelet.  I also fixed myself some scrambled eggs.  They were very good.  I think that this was a first for us to have fresh eggs.  Joseph stopped in while I was cooking and was surprised by the color of the eggs.

Brown eggs always bring back a memory of teaching at Ray's Montessori.  One Christmas we were making ornaments and asked the children to each bring a "blown egg."  (One that the insides have been blown out through holes in the ends of the egg.). We sent home a note with what I thought explained it very well.  But obviously not...as we had a mother come in and say that she had looked all over town, but just couldn't find any "BROWN eggs!"  So whenever I see a brown egg, it brings back that chuckle over the interpretation of our note we sent home with the children.

After our breakfast, I got busy and got the dining room table uncovered for the first time since right
after Christmas.  There now stands against the wall just a few things that remind me of the
renovation...part of that is a return to Lowe's and most of the rest is the paint.  I haven't put it away because I need to do one very small touch up.



I almost have all out away that I still have on the living room couch.  Getting sooooo close!  Woody visited with a couple in his Deacon family this afternoon.  Right now he is at the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  I am going to call Melany as soon as I post this.  I have my phone charging while I am writing this.  School has started back for Melany and I haven't talked to her much as she has gotten much busier!  She has sinus surgery scheduled for later in the week.  I think that I had better talk to her while she feels like talking.  Later in the week may not be an ideal talking time!

I will end wishing Kathy and Nathan a very happy 19th anniversary!



No comments:

Post a Comment