Friday, October 23, 2020

A Didn't-Do-Much Day

Almost any time during the day that I look out at the birdhouses in the garden there are blue birds vying for one or another house. So the blue birds are quite active at the moment. Woody and I didn't get up and going as early as we sometimes do. He waited to go upstairs to print off his crossword puzzles till it was almost time to start h is dialysis. We started his dialysis treatment today just a little earlier than we have been. The reason is that they were predicting storms coming through sometime 9:30pm or after. We figured that it would be good to have his treatment all finished before the storm blows through...less chance of the electricity going out. If the electricity goes out during a treatment all is not lost as the information is saved in the machine and will start up again once we push a button after the electricity comes back on. I think that there is an 8 hour window. One day I did mistakenly unplug the machine when I was moving it, but no problem...the machine tells you that there has been an interruption and to push a certain button to get it back going again. Woody has read, done his crossword puzzles, and watched a bit of TV. This evening he has chosen to flop on the couch rather than the recliner. I think that he has dozed a bit this evening. This afternoon I decided that it was time to do a little baking with my sourdough starter. I made sourdough corn muffins. I came upstairs to blog leaving a mess of green beans that I had started trimming. I'm planning to make Pennsylvania Dutch Style Green Beans tomorrow. Melany is coming tomorrow to bring me a Christmas stocking she has needlepointed for me to finish. I thought that the corn muffins and green beans would go good with the Company Tuna Casserole. I have been lazy today...trying to figure out what I am going to tackle next in the school room now that I have gone through LOTS of correspondence from the late 60's. A job well done...one storage tub empty! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment