Wednesday, October 21, 2020

We Voted!

Our absentee ballots came in the mail this afteroon so we immediately voted and plan to take them to mail them at the Post Office tomorrow when we go out for Woody's appointment with Dr. O at the Fresenius Care Center in the morning. It has been a fairly quiet day around here. I got Woody connected for his dialysis treatment a little after 1pm and then I went upstairs to call Donna for our weekly "library" phone meeting. We got caught up on each other's doings. About as soon as I hung up from talking to Donna, Cheryl, my favorite sister (and, only sister) called and we talked for a while. So I had a phone conversation afternoon. I have worked on a notebook with information about protein...grams of protein in certain foods. I gathered the recipes that I had adapted so they would be higher in protein and got them written down in the notebook with their protein equilivants. I also gathered up the little slips of paper that I have been keeping track of his daily protein intake. He is supposed to have more than 70 grams of protein a day but not more than 85. Sometimes it is easy to hit in the middle of this goal and other days it isn't...at least we are trying. I don't know if we will see the dietician tomorrow or not, but figured that she would want to know how we are handling things. I am packing things like pancakes with high protein items...like Greek yogurt, some of the protein supplement that they have given us, eggs, and flaxseed meal and sometimes fruit like a banana. Today the Greek yogurt was banana flavor. Woody says that the pancakes are good. I figure under syrup that some of the ingredients are hidden! He also had a strawberry shake today...that is made with one of the individual renal high protein drinks (like Ensure) and then disguised it with lots of fresh strawberries and strawberry ice cream. Again, he said that it tasted pretty good...especially since I found a straw for him to drink it with...perhaps made it seem more like a real shake?!? Later in the afternoon I got back to going through correspondence and other things from my/our past. I've enjoyed going down memory lane...and it is getting rid of some things in the office/schoolroom (which is no longer a schoolroom). What I am going through now is going to free up a storage tub...so I can put something else in it. I am getting close to finished with this one task. I am attempting to find a place to put the school equipment so it is away and out of sight so I can use the long table for other things. We put that table in the office (used to be Melany's bedroom) when Nathan started going to Motlow so he would have a designated study space since his desk held his computer. After he finished with Motlow...maybe we left it while he was at TN Tech...not sure. But at a point I took it over to work on scrapbooks. Now I'm not sure what we will use it for, but I am sure that we will put it to good use. It is one of the long tables like churches use in their fellowship/banquet halls. I'm planning to get rid of or store the stuffed animals on the twin bed that is in there. I think that I will make some new decorative pillows to place up against the wall so it will once again look more like a day bed. Anyway, working away...s l o w l y...on getting things changed in there. This going through corespondence is rather time consuming...but fun at the same time...nothing going on around here so I may as well do just what I feel like doing! It will be good to see Woody's doctor tomorrow and hear how he thinks Woody is doing with his dialysis. There's one thing I know, Woody is very much better than he was a little over a month ago when we last saw him. Last time we had to depend on Nathan to get us there and now we will go under our own steam. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment