Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Remembered Tonight!

I guess I have been too wrapped up in the past and that is the reason that I totally forgot till late last night to write the blog! I continue to go through things that I have saved from the past...thoroughly enjoying them and then discarding lots of memories. I have a couple of small boxes that I am allowing myself to save a few memories as I go along...little reminders of days gone by. Today I slept in a lot later than I usually do. Woody had French toast to warm up along with sausage patties that I cooked yesterday and froze most, but left some with his French toast in the fridge...so I didn't need to get up for his breakfast. Yesterday I made up two pounds of ground pork into breakfast sausage patties...flash froze them and then bagged them up so we can get them out when needed for his breakfast. All cooking has taken on a new dimension...I am having to figure out how much protein is in each recipe and then have to divide the total protein in the whole recipe into how much protein there is in per serving. It is nice that he can eat a lot more variety these days, but it is also a pain and makes preparation a bit more of a pain than it used to be! I am planning to make a tuna casserole that we both really like and it had been off his diet for the last 2-1/2 years. I didn't really feel like making it and doing all the math today so I just opened the cans of tuna, drained them and flaked them into a refrigerator container and put the container in the refrigerator to make the casserole tomorrow. This way I could recycle the tuna cans and not have them hang around till next week...trash and recycle gets picked up in the morning. After that I got all the recycle gathered up and out to the curb...which included flattening cardboard boxes. And then all the wastebaskets in the house emptied into the kitchen trash and also got the bag of dialysis trash and got those out to the garbage can and pulled the garbage can to the curb. Before I got all that done, I did got everything set up to get Woody connected for his treatment. We were pretty much on schedule to connect him really close to 1pm...but got a phone call from the Fresenius delivery man and he said that he could deliver our order today rather than in the morning. I was game...so he was there very shortly. Today he "only" had to load his heavy-duty dolley up three times...small delivery...compared to the first one. Today it was mostly dialysis solution and three boxes of cassettes and one package of gauze squares! And, we are set for another month! The delivery set us back a bit in time so Woody's dialysis didn't get started till 1:30pm which was fine. I'm glad that I don't have to be up and ready for an early delivery in the morning. And, we were really getting low on gauze pads...just three left after today's set up. Woody is presently he's getting towards the end of his third cycle...so just one to go. So he should be finished by 10:30 or so. Today he called to check on some of the folk in his Deacon Family. So for him, he has also had a busy day! He of course has done crossword puzzles, read, and is now watching the World Series game. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment