Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Just Beginning

The Fall colors are just beginning. Yesterday afternoon, I looked up and saw the most beautiful oak branch just filled with glowing yellow leaves right outside our bedroom window...but when I looked out to see more...there weren't any...just that branch...a promise of what is to come. Tonight's picture was taken on this day five years ago and this is pretty much what it looks like around town. Sometimes at the tops of the trees you can see color...but not colorful all over any one tree...at least, that I have seen. Woody had another good dialysis treatment last night. His treatment was finished before midnight and I was upstairs and probably asleep by 12:15am at the latest. Tonight we seem to be on about the same schedule...maybe a little ahead of yesterday as we got started almost right at 2pm this afternoon. We have both been busy. Woody took back the task of making his breakfast and lunch both yesterday and today. Last night Woody had me take out some frozen fresh pumpkin to thaw so he could make pumpkin pudding for Nathan, Kathy and the 7 grandchildren. Nathan came over and got it and the cool whip and according to Abigail they all enjoyed it. I took inventory of the dialysis supplies last night and then called this morning to order more...oh, boy! I don't think that we will be getting too many this time...maybe it will only take one trip in for the delivery man. I'll know in two weeks when the supplies arrive. In a few days we will be finished with the boxes of solution from the original shipment. I have done lots of little jobs around the house today...cleaning here and there and then finishing up the Fall decorating that I began the other day. I got the front porch done yesterday and put out a few Fall pumpkins in the kitchen. Just a few minutes ago I put a grouping of pumpkins on the dining room table as a centerpiece and a few on the buffet. I decided that we needed a little Fall color in our lives...something cheerful! I even fed the birds today...filled all the bird feeders...even the one that takes me using the stepstool out in the front yard to reach the feeder...birds fed and no broken bones! At this point Woody is well into the third cycle of tonight's dialysis treatment. Tomorrow we make a visit back to Fresenius Dialysis Center...this month's check-in with the nurse. In two weeks we meet with the doctor, nurse and the rest of the "team." Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment