Thursday, October 1, 2020

Wow! It's October!

It doesn't seem possible that it is time to change calendar pages once again. And, just think after this calendar page turn there are only two more for this year...perhaps that is a good thing?!? Last night's dialysis exchange went much faster than ones of the days before. I told Woody when I went upstairs last night to go on and page me if it finished early like it looked like it would. He paged me a little after 2am and I was back upstairs and ready to fall back to sleep by 3am...not bad. He also said that he got some sleep after that. Tonight's first cycle went along at a good pace...and, there were actually no alarms. He is now well underway with his second cycle of four. He is dwelling at the moment...or I guess I should say the dialysis solution is dwelling. I'm not sure if he will sleep much tonight as he has done a lot of sleeping this afternoon and even this evening. Oh, well, as I said last night, we sleep when we can these days! I decided that with the next cold front that is approaching...supposed to get into the 40s tonight and not out of the 60s tomorrow...that I wanted potato soup, my accomplishment of the day. Oh, my other accomplishment was finishing my 99th book read this year...next one I finish will be 100. Looks like I am well on the way to doubling my usual goal of 52 books a year...so that will mean an average of 2 books a week if I read 5 more. I have a feeling that will happen since I have three months to accomplish it! After making my Absolutely Ultimate Potato Soup recipe, I was tired and took a short nap...had to set an alarm so I would be sure to wake up in time to get Woody's dialysis treatment set up and then get him connected and his next treatment started. Woody slept through my getting it all set up. He woke up at just the right time to have his vitals taken and get ready to be tied to his cycler machine for many an hour. I expect that he will wake me up again when his treatment is finished tonight since that seemed to work rather well. And, so far tonight everything is proceeding right along. The first cycle took less than 2-1/2 hours...good time...the drain time was just a little over 1/2 an hour...maybe a record...plus it drained almost all of the solution that was put in. Usually after each cycle not all has been drained out...getting it all out and then a little extra usually happens on into the cycles. But tonight there was just a little over 200ml left in. Hopefully the first cycle is representative of the next three! Time will tell! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment