Thursday, October 22, 2020

Really Voted Today

Well, we dropped out ballots in the mailbox at the Post Office on our way to Woody's doctor appointment...so I guess it is officially done...to the point that we have anything to do with it! We had to wait in the car a bit longer than usual today and also didn't get our usual parking spot. From what we could ascertain...the doctor got there late so all the appointments were backed up a bit. We were still home in an hour and a half after we left the house...so not all that bad. The doctor had arrived when we got there so at least things had started moving. As far as we could tell we got a good report. The main thing that they are concentrating on now is Woody's anemia. So I guess we will work on that. We talked to the nutritionist and the social worker today, too. I think that Woody's progress in comparison to how sick he was the last time we saw the doctor made them pleased. Looks like we will keep on keeping on...really the only thing to do! This afternoon I made one of our old stand-by favorites, Company Tuna Bake. It takes a while as I have to make homemade cream of mushroom soup instead of using canned as called for in the original recipe. It was good to have this for a change. It is a casserole that I can pack in quite a bit of protein without having to add any additives. Woody easily made the total protein that he is supposed to get in a day. I am getting to the end of all this correspondence that I have been going through. I haven't had much of a chance to do much with it today. I am going to go unload the dishwasher and then reload it with the cooking dishes that didn't fit in and then going to come upstairs whle I wait for Woody's treatment to finish. Last night he had the shortest treatment since the start..."just 8-1/2 hours. I think that the least time that it can take is 8 hours so at least we are leaning in that direction rather than lots of extra hours beyond the 8! He is feeling fairly well. Today's trip out didn't tire him as much as some have before. He did get another anemia shot...between that and last week's transfusion maybe he will feel even better. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Fall is really beginning to show its true colors! Oh, and, last night was the 53rd anniversary of the night Woody and I met at an all girls' college...now there's a story for another blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment