Thursday, October 8, 2020

A Should-Have-Been Trip

Tonight's photo I borrowed from the pictures that she sent me after she, Wade, and Erin made a trip to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens to see the Dale Chihuly exhibit. Melany and I had planned to go together as soon as she heard that there was going to be another exhibit. But I ended up taking the tour virtually via the photos she sent after their time there. I had seen some of his work when it was on exhibit before at the Frist Museum, but I had hoped to see more of these unusual blown glass "sculptures." But due to covid and Woody's dialysis, I decided that the trip probably wasn't in our best interest "health-wise" (heading off to Nashville where there is a lot more chance of getting exposed) and "time-wise" (the time that we have in the daytime hours is pretty short before needing to get Woody back on his dialysis machine). I really enjoyed Melany's photos. The one I'm sharing I really like as it is surrounded around the perimeter with pumpkins and mums. Last night's dialysis went very well once again...glad to sound like a broken record for that report! And, so far tonight things are going well too. We got started a bit later today as he had an appointment at Fresenius Kidney Center. It was just a monthly check-in with the nurse. This time we also spoke with the dietician. I needed some questions answered about amount of protein that Woody is supposed to get a day. I'm not too sure if I am excited to have to add that to our umpteen things that we need to keep track of! My fabric finally arrived this afternoon. I have it all washed and dried...now to find the time to make some things with what I bought. One is a bit larger print than I expected...trying to figure out if there is another pattern that would be better to make with it than the one that I planned when choosing the fabric. I'm pleased with all of it. I guess I will make my corduroy pants while making plans for all the new pieces. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment