Friday, October 2, 2020

Two Views...Same Barn...

Tonight's photo shows how we approach barns on our barn trips...move slowly along in the car and take pictures at various angles...through gates, over stone walls and through the trees. Again, this is a barn trip from Marcch...just prior to "shelter at home." We have taken one more barn trip since then, but at the moment we have barn trips on hold since "our driver" for the barn trips had knee replacement surgery recently. But when she is healed and rehabbed we'll really be ready to hit the highways and biways of the surrounding counties! Woody, again, had a good dialysis treatment...less than 10 hours...I think the shortest time yet. I went downstairs around 2am and was back upstairs before 3am and slept a bit later today...till 8am. He said that he did get some sleep once he was free. I have had a messy cooking day. I made sourdough waffles for our breakfast. I was melting butter in the microwave and didnt put a cover over the bowl and "BIG EXPLOSION!" So had that mess to clean up after I finished cooking the waffles. One good thing...a nice clean microwave. The cover was at "Woody's microwave," our old one that got moved to the family room when we were remodeling the kitchen. Woody decided that he liked it there so we left it for him to make his oatmeal in and heat up things. I leave the cover on top of that microwave and didn't feel like walking out to the family room to get it...guess I should have taken those steps...lots easier than cleaning the whole inside of the microwave which is greasy with melted butter! Oh, well, live and learn! I also dried slices of the rest of a loaf of sourdough bread in the oven...a step toward our Thanksgiving dressing. The mess from that was when I cut up the slices little crumbs sort of flew everywhere...all over the counter and even on the floor. But that mess was easier to clean up than melted butter! I laugh that I did a step toward Thanksgiving dinner...I'm guessing that a family Thanksgiving won't take place due to Covid...so the dried bread cubes are probably for a Thanksgiving dinner for two. It doesn't look like Covid is leaving any too quickly...especially when we learned today that the President and First Lady now have it...this disease is no respector of persons. We will continue to be safe, hopefully well, and cautious! Abigail is over at the moment. She has found some time to work on quilting the quilt that she made during her home ec class with me a while back. She got it pieced but due to circumstances she hadn't gotten to do the quilting. Once she is finished with the quilting then I will bind it for her. This is a throw-size quilt...very colorful! Very pretty! I guess the cooler Fall temperatures have her in the mood of a finished quilt to curl up under! She came over in shorts! I told her no wonder she wanted to finish her quilt...that she needed it to warm up! Woody is well underway with tonight's dialysis treatment. If I have it figured right he should be in the midst of the first drain of four for tonight. Hoping that it goes as well tonight as it has been the last few nights. I think that perhaps his body has figured out what it is supposed to do with all this solution that is being pumped into it. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Wear your masks!!!!! We are finding out what happens to those who choose to not wear one most of the time when out and about!

No comments:

Post a Comment