Monday, October 5, 2020

Thinking Fall!

I decided to fall back to some old fall photos. Tonight's is appropriate because a friend brought me some gourds today. This is a part of a fence that we used to pass on our back road trips to Vanderbilt. It always intrigued me when we passed that way. The latter years that we passed by at this time of the year there were no gourds. Yesterday and today have been cooking marathons for me. I was restocking the refrigerator with things to eat that give us a choice. Tonight I made pizza with part of the kitchen makings. I made sauce and also made Italian sausage (shhhh! I made it with ground chicken and the herbs and spices that go in Italian sausage...someone couldn't tell!). Yesterday I made Woody's request for split pea soup and also my mother's recipe for baked beans (to go with German slaw...again for Woody). I also made breakfast sausage out of ground pork for Woody's breakfasts when he has French toast or pancakes. Seems like there is more that I made but at the moment I can't remember...after all it was yesterday! Woody's dialysis continues to go well. Yesterday we moved it up another hour and he was finished around 1am. I just stayed up till it was over. I actually cut out a pair of pants for me and got Abigail's quilt squared up. Staying up and going to bed after makes there seem to be more of a distinction between treatments...doesn't seem like the next one starts on the same day. Once again, the last I checked, Woody's treatment is going smoothly. He was on his second treatment cycle. I have been upstairs for a while as Abigail came over to learn how to bind a quilt. She is down in the guest room, where the sewing machine lives that the children sew on. She has two sides of the quilt done and is working on the last two...doing a good job. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment