Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Wet Midweek

It's obvious that tonight's photo wasn't taken today...it has been a gray and very wet day. So I chose a fall picture from another year that looked very cheerful and sunny! I worked in my sunny kitchen this morning...turn on all the lights and it is like the sun is shining in! I made Woody high protein pancakes for his breakfast this morning. He has enough in the refrigerator for two more days. I like to make enough for another couple of days so he can then get his own breakfast without having to do much except heat it up in the microwave...that way he doesn't have to wait for me to get up or have to make it on his own. Just easier this way. I make them high protein by using some of the high protein additive that Fresenius Kidney Center gave us, some Greek yogurt and some flaxseed meal along and oatmeal and flour, etc...very hearty pancakes! Late morning we headed out in the rain for free taco day at Taco Bell. During the World Series there was a stolen base that gave the award to the country of free tacos and today was the day. I wonder how many of you knew that! I should have mentioned it last night. The first time that Woody had had a Taco Bell taco in years. He enjoyed it...though he said that there just wasn't enough of it! A little treat before getting connected to his dialysis cycler for the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening! We did get his dialysis going a little earlier today due to the possible storms tonight due to Zeta...possible high winds that might cause power outages. We decided to be safe rather than sorry. He is well into his treatment. He should be finished before 10 tonight. I had my weekly library "meeting" with Donna over the phone and today we actually did talk a little library and then moved on to catching up on family doings. After we talked, I spent the rest of the afternoon straightening and cleaning things in the sewing room...putting spools away and machine feet back in their proper place in their storage boxes, etc. I have, again, been reclaiming my sewing space and brought things back into my sewing room from the guest room where the children sewed. I put everything that belongs to them back in some plastic drawers that they brought over for us to use for their sewing things and brought all my things back to my sewing room. During projects things from my sewing room often traveled down the hall to their work area when they needed them and sometimes didn't get back to mine till I missed them when I was working in here (the laptop that I am typing on is in my sewing room). We would pin patterns, etc.using my pins when they were cutting out because my pincusion was there and then when they sewed the pins would land in their pin cushions...I left them pins but reclaimed some as my pincushion was bare! I cleaned my serger and will do the same for my sewing machine shortly. I have the serger ready to use on my corduroy pants that I am getting ready to make. So things are getting ready for the next sewing project...now to decide if I am going to make my corduroy pants before I construct the needlepoint stocking for Melany...haven't decided yet. I do have everything for the stocking ready to begin on that too. I am tired tonight so doubt that I will begin any sewing tonight. We will see what tomorrow brings in sewing endeavors. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment