Saturday, October 17, 2020

Happy 17th Birthday, Abigail!

I stole tonight's photo from Kathy's Facebook page so I would have a picture from Abigail's birthday and also an up-to-date photo of Joy. We have fared well due to birthdays: pecan pie and brownie bites from Joy's and then a little while ago Abigail stopped by with one of her specialities: Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake. Yummy! Good cooks abound in their household. Woody even got in on this treat as we shared a very large slice! Today has been a busy day for me...grocery shopping day with a stop at the Credit Union. Then home to get all of the purchases away. I could only get the cold items put away before it was time to set up Woody's daily dialysis treatment. We need to set it up about an hour before we start his treatment so the solution has a chance to heat up. There is a heater on the top of the cycler machine that heats the solution to body temperature. The heating takes about 20 minutes. While it heated, I put the rest away. He is now into his second cycle of the four for this treatment. He has been watching football games, news, and reading during his treatment so far. I sat down for few minutes to eat a late lunch and then got back up to make our supper...chili...it has felt like chili weather today. Now when I make recipes I am counting protein in the ingredients and then have to divide the total amount by the number of servings to come up with how much protein per serving. What next!?! I'm tired today! But have to go finish up cleaning up the kitchen after I post this. I am going to add two photos of Abigail at the end of the blog tonight. One shows her finishing up her quilt (note the thickness of her braid! The tie at the top of her braid is from her mask.) and the other of her with her finished quilt. She did a great job and we both really love the colors of the fabrics in this collection. On a sad note I will add that our daughter's sister-in-law's father did pass away this morning from complications due to Covid. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment