Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday Rolled Around Again

And, on this Friday, Fall is definitely in the air...the temperatures are dropping and we have our first frost warning for the year. I covered up our herbs and took some of the pots that weren't too heavy into the garage to stay overnight. I stood out talking to our friends the Hastys this afternoon and the wind was a bit chilling. It was nice to visit for a few minutes. They brought by books to see if we were interested in them and it was good timing as Woody doesn't have any in reserve after he finishes the one he is reading now. And, he had only read two of the five or so that they brought. So once again he has a stack ready to choose from when he finishes his current read. At the moment I have backed off from doing so much reading since I continue to go through things in the school room that I had stored and am looking through/reading before they get tossed. So I am reading...just not books. The timing was right for them to stop by as this time I had a couple of boxes to pass back to them that they had loaned us for the grandchildren to use...a couple of building sets. Graham, especially, had enjoyed trying out a different sort of building set. But it was time to pass them back and take a couple more things out of the school room that I am attempting to reclaim. That is what got me into the sorting out that I am doing because I wanted more room in the closet to put some things and this storage tub, when it is empty, will give me a place to put some of the school things that are no longer being used. Woody continues to sail smoothly through his dialysis treatments. He did get a call this morning from Fresenius Kidney Care checking to make sure that he had gotten his blood transfusion. They wanted him to come in next week for blood work to make sure that his hemoglobin was building back up. I reminded them that we have an appointment next week to see Dr. O and asked if that day would work and they agreed that it would...at least no extra appointment/trip. Next week we also get our third supply delivery...oh, boy! I get one stack of boxes gone and they will almost immediately put a stack back. Today was the first day that we used a bag of solution from the last delivery...way I knew?...the expiration date changed. I have to check the expiration date on the bags of solution every time we do a treatment...so it was strange to read a new number! We have been doing it long enough that we have gone through all the lowest strength of solution that was in the first delivery. Woody is already into the third cycle of tonights four cycles. He definitely likes doing his dialysis treatments during the day and having them finished at a decent time to go to bed. He is sleeping much better. Nathan was going to come today and attempt to connect his dad for today's treatment, but he decided that it would be best to put that off for a couple of weeks. He and Kathy and the kids did a program at a church the other night that was inside with about 100 people and there was no social distancing or masks...so he figures he needs to make sure that he hasn't been exposed. The cases of Covid are climbing once again in Tennessee as in many places so we will continue to be extra careful. Melany texted me today that Wade's brother's father-in-law is in a bad way with Covid. It doesn't sound like they expect him to live. I wonder if and when this disease departs how many families will be left untouched in some way by it. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment