Monday, October 12, 2020

Happy 15th Birthday, Joy!

Our sweet Joy turned 15...but I don't have a birthday picture of her or any recent ones as I haven't gotten to see her today or very often lately...I sort of waited hoping that she would come over. I took her and Abigail's birthday cards next door yesterday afternoon and delivered them to Abigail(She was the only one home.). Abigail's 17th birthday is Saturday. Now I'm waiting to hear when Joy gets her driver's permit. Surely it isn't so...she should still be the size she is in the photo above! Tonight's photo of Joy is from the first birthday party that she and Abigail had here after they became "the neighbors." Joy turned two that October. Well, everything with dialysis was smooth sailing after I posted Saturday until...we got a call this morning from Fresenius Kidney Care asking if anyone from Fresenius had contacted us over the weekend. The answer to that was "no." I wasn't surprised as to what came next...Woody needed a blood transfusion since his hemoglobin level was too low...he was told to go to the local hospital as soon as possible to get two units of blood. The reason that I wasn't totally surprised is that when we saw the nurse last week he thought that TN Oncology had ordered a blood transfusion...which, again, the answer was "no." These blood transfusions take forever especially when he has to have two units. One time he went straight to the hospital after his appointment with TN Oncology and didn't return until 2am. Woody headed off around 10am and still isn't back. I did have forethought and called Fresenius and talked to one of Woody's nurses before they left for the day to find out what we do since this has us so far off schedule for his treatment. He said that they aren't supposed to tell us to skip a treatment, but if he gets home quite late that it would be better to skip and let him have his rest tonight and then just go back to doing it at 2pm tomorrow. Beginning to look like that will be the way it will go. I do have his machine all set up and ready to hook him up, but I guess it can wait till tomorrow, too! I vacuumed Woody's room since he was gone. And, I have spent most of the day getting rid of things...trying to reclaim the house as just ours. I've dedicated more than 50 years to our children and grandchildren...so most every room has things from/for one or another of them in it...those are slowly but surely being put away or thrown away. I got under the stairs on my knees today and went through the toy closet. Moved some things out to our trash and put some in a box for a yardsale or whatever our former neighbors want to do with them and the rest can stay there for a while longer...just can't quite give up all the Fisher Price toys! They have been well loved...some from as far back as Melany! After Woody left I swept the front sidewalk and steps to keep the acorns from getting under his walker. I was going to rake what I swept off and other debris out to the road, but I couldn't find any rakes...not leaning up on our chimney like they used to be. I also moved boxes of dialysis solution from one wall in the living room over to where it is more convenient to get to. We're about to start using boxes from the second delivery. We have to keep them separated as the solution is dated so have to use up the old first. I was glad to get rid of one of the stacks of boxes so I can see my corner "what-not shelf and enjoy the things that I have been given or bought that relate to AZ over the years. My AZ heritage corner! Of course, that area will be covered up again when the next delivery arrives next week! 9-1/2 hours and he still isn't home. I'll update tomorrow night...hopefully hs is home then! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment